• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

IMF leader charged in NYC with secual assault

Since this thread is well on the way to being hijacked (and I have played my part in it) what the hell, here it goes:

There is a great deal of difference between disaster relief, which governments have been engaged in since, well ... there have been governments, and "disaster relief" that has gone on for decades, if not centuries, and with little hope of improvement, only more decades, if not centuries, of additional "disaster relief."

I don't begrudge help - from any source - for anyone who deserves it, or needs it. I do question "disaster relief" that has been institutionalized for decades and has primarily managed to maintain - if not perpetuate - the problem.

Moreover, they pay their taxes to the government like anybody else so, yes, it would seem that the money is better spent on something like disaster relief than in would be on some other ambiguous, wasteful program.

It is not a case of hypocrisy at all to want less spending from DC but expect them to use some of your tax dollars on something tangible like disaster relief.

Partly disagree. These people do not want to pay any level of government taxes. Right now, the smaller the government, the worse the economic situation. So relying on cash-strapped cities, counties, or states to intercede is silly and useless. Besides, in the event of a disaster, most of the resources and revenues these levels of government get comes through federal channels anyway.

Ultimately the point is that salvation doesn't come from nothing. If you want help, you have to realize it costs. The other thing that I find amusing is when these people decry the increases in their private homeowners insurance. This is private sector/market economy at work. Just like with gas prices: NOW they call for government involvement.
No level of government taxation at all? I think everybody realizes that some form of taxation is necessary to keep things operating. Just because somebody may want less taxes and/or less spending doesn't mean that they want no government services or assistance at all. To draw that conclusion is as illogical now as it was when it was invented.

Oh, back to the original thread...

While I find it interesting that some dude with ties to Sarkozy apparently tweeted this before the NYPD released the news, I find it disconcerting that so many high profile names within this guy's party are rushing to defend him and already pointing to conspiracy theories, saying that the gal was paid off.

He may have bigger problems. Its being reported that she lives in an apartment for HIV patients...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/1...hief-reportedly-lives-apartment-hiv-patients/

Apparently the AIDs stuff is a hoax. But he's still got problems ... big time.

Maybe, while he's in town for a while anyway, he could call the former governor of NY - ol' what's name - for some pointers on what to do next, which lawyers to retain, that kinda stuff. It never hurts to talk to a kindred soul at a time like this. Speaking of which, doesn't Bill hang out in Nu Jawk these days?

Whatever he does, he should definately avoid that Redmond - or whatever her name is - woman, while she's in town. I know our French friend is not technically a college athlete but he showed pretty good speed, agility and aggression, albeit a little undisciplined, in repeatedly catching someone less than half his age. Well, anyway, I'm just sayin' ...

What a shock that Faux News is so easily duped. It's not like they thought Trump was running for real or that birthers had a point......

Back