• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impact of WFUBMC measured

The hospital does have a big impact, but we should be careful not to overstate it. The The hospital does have all of the state of the art teaching and research faciliteis that benefit the region greatly. However, if it didn't have those things, or didn't exist at all, it would still be a "regular hospital" or another hospital would fill the void. So in other words, maybe the incremental benefit of WFUBMC is an extra billion dollars into the economy, which is nothing to sneeze at.

I made this comment on the "One thing you would change about Wake" thread.

Sadly, the atmosphere at the medical center regarding research continues to worsen. The administrative bean counters tend to only look at the bottom line which forces more & more junior & mid-level faculty to leave because they are receiving less & less support. The research climate at the med center is a FAR cry from what it was when Janeway was at the top.

Ardmore Tower represent!

I'm glad to see the Urinal publish this report, after all the crap they've spewed recently.

The dynamics of Forsyth county are different than most would expect. Most of the in county people come to FMC, whereas most of the outer lying counties refer into WFBH. It always astounds me when I look out my window at Business 40 and see ambulances speeding past us heading to FMC.

The trauma center, burn center, and comprehensive cancer center are things none of the other local hospitals can offer. We've got a pretty damn good heart and vascular center as well.

It would be quite funny to have a OGBoards flash mob somewhere in the Medical Center one day. Just randomly meet up and sing the fight song or something.

Back