• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

Sounds an awful lot like Susan Collins' lesson learned justification last time.

That's what I thought after reading that. "Even though we've been wrong every single time we've said that, surely we'll be right this time! Republican voters will never make him the nominee again, even though they've already done it twice, and overwhelmingly both times."

Do I understand correctly that Trump intervened to get a permit that allowed the originally planned gathering to March to the Capitol?

OMG he’s wearing a fascist mask !!! Cancel him !

Just a reminder that even fascists can be heroes when confronted by even worse fascists.

Disappointing but cops do cop shit.

I may regret this but can you explain?
Did Officer Goodman do something else but his job and heroically at that?

He a cop who wore a thin blue line mask. That’s a sign of solidarity with abusive cops.

Ah, ok. Didn’t know the mask was a symbol. I’m also not sure what you mean by supports “abusive cops”?

I’d guess Goodman’s just trying to show solidarity with police in their positive aspects.

I’d guess Goodman’s just trying to show solidarity with police in their positive aspects.

Yeah, Goodman and Sicknick both went to work and did their jobs faced with criminal activity, expected or unexpected. Both did their jobs for us that day.

No surprise to anyone, but the article linked below brutally lays out just how disinterested most GOP Senators are in this trial, and how their minds are made up.

"Despite Democratic impeachment managers laying out a methodical case on Wednesday, Senate Republicans seem intent as ever on acquitting Donald Trump over his role in the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol...Republicans spent breaks in between the presentations telling reporters that they were all ready to vote. “I don’t think there’s anything that’s been said by either side that has changed any votes,” Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) told HuffPost at one point Wednesday afternoon. “There’s nothing that I have heard during this process that I hadn’t already heard.” When HuffPost pressed Inhofe if there was anything that could change his mind, he said no. “Not from anything that I have seen so far, and I can’t imagine what else is out there,” Inhofe said.

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), who led the effort to contest the 2020 election in Congress, said he believed that holding a trial for a former president is unconstitutional ― a dubious view the Senate rejected in a bipartisan vote on Tuesday ― and that no evidence would convince him of Trump’s guilt...Hawley spent much of the day alone in the public gallery above the Senate floor...While Hawley didn’t seem to be paying attention to the floor proceedings, he did note that his view from the gallery afforded him the opportunity to watch senator reactions from above. “It’s interesting to sort of see people taking notes or not,” Hawley said.

To Hawley’s point, a number of Democrats spent Wednesday taking notes and paying close attention to the presentation, while most Republicans seemed uninterested and unengaged, sitting back in their seats or reading unrelated documents...Republicans seem resolute on acquitting Trump. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told reporters Wednesday that he had talked to Trump the previous night, and he promised the former president that Republicans wouldn’t convict. “The case is over,” Graham told Trump.

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) used his time with the press Wednesday not addressing the facts of the case, but by saying he wished the proceedings would wrap up quickly.

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/impeachment-trial-trump-mob-213422507.html

The House managers really could show footage of Trump shooting somebody and these clowns would yawn and stretch and say it was all a political show and wouldn't vote to convict. How anybody can honestly be proud or supportive of the Republican Party right now is a mystery. The evidence is clear and convincing, and they're complaining that they just want it to end and that they'll never change their minds. Hope none of these guys ever sit on a regular jury and have to listen to evidence to decide whether to convict or exonerate someone.

Here’s a Black man who would have been completely justified in shooting any number of shitty white supremacist seditious assholes to protect democracy. But he didn’t.

Yet he’s choosing a counter message to Black Lives Matter to defend cops who unjustly kill Black people because they know they can get away with it.

Here’s a Black man who would have been completely justified in shooting any number of shitty white supremacist seditious assholes to protect democracy. But he didn’t.

Yet he’s choosing a counter message to Black Lives Matter to defend cops who unjustly kill Black people because they know they can get away with it.

Yeah, nobody shot those assholes because they didn’t have enough bullets or people to control the crowd. Thin blue line stickers have been around a lot longer than BLM and I can’t help but believe you know that.

tenor.gif

He was probably wondering why no other cops or Republicans are calling him a hero and thought, hey, maybe they will like me if I wearing this mask. And maybe he now knows what the rest of us know about why the Blue Lives Matter crowd isn't supporting him.

Back