• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

Yep, the emperor will now have his days ahead of him in the real legal proceedings... where he won't fare so well.

Let's face it, he has turrible legal representation.

Yep, the emperor will now have his days ahead of him in the real legal proceedings... where he won't fare so well.

Let's face it, he has turrible legal representation.

What “real legal proceedings?” Is anything actually going to happen? Will it matter if it does?

What “real legal proceedings?” Is anything actually going to happen? Will it matter if it does?

If he can’t be held responsible as President because he is no longer in office, then the only other remedy is to hold him responsible as a private citizen.

This is where I am. The house dems were damned if you / damned if you don’t. They made a compelling case, made the Pubs look bad, and even Mitch went on record that Trump has to go. And they got it done quickly so Joe can move on to his agenda. That’s about all they could have hoped for, conviction was never going to happen.

Trump was always getting acquitted - any judgment of the House Managers has to be viewed through that lens. They still accomplished a lot though. Trump's legal team has been outed as an even bigger joke than most would have imagined. Significant Republican support for Trump's guilt has been established and put on record. A roadmap for both civil and criminal charges against Trump and his cohorts has been laid out. Finally, the divide between Trumpers and Conservatives has been reinforced, even if it's still pretty blurry.

And it didn't take long. All told, as losses go it was a huge win. One party looks strong, competent, popular, and reasonable. The other is in disarray, clinging to embarrassingly transparent excuses in fear of how little they understand of their own constituency. On we go. The real legal system won't be quite as rigged for Trump, hopefully.

If he can’t be held responsible as President because he is no longer in office, then the only other remedy is to hold him responsible as a private citizen.

Sure. But is anything going to actually happen? You can understand why I’m not optimistic.

We’ll have to see.

But seems some folks with legal expertise think Trump will be pretty occupied with criminal and civil cases over the next several years.

I hope so.

Can a person convicted of felony attempted election tampering in Georgia run for President?

Can't a single Trumpist in the jury negate any possibility of a criminal or civil conviction?

Can't a single Trumpist in the jury negate any possibility of a criminal or civil conviction?

In criminal cases, everywhere but OR and LA need unanimous juries. But he can be retried.

Civil cases don't necessarily have to have unanimous juries in many states.

The Dems ran for the tall grass rather than call witnesses. That tells you how much they feared the Republicans calling witnesses.

Wait.... what?? :dumb:

But for pussy pubs fearing the emperor's wrath, the Dems more than proved their case even without witnesses.

Lindsey Graham said that they were going to call Eric Holder. Obviously the Dems were scared about new revelations from Crossfire Hurricane or something.

The Dems ran for the tall grass rather than call witnesses. That tells you how much they feared the Republicans calling witnesses.

No, they feared Mitch's promise to filibuster EVERY bill passed in the House or to be originated in the Senate.

Of course, Manchin is too much of a wuss to vote to end the filibuster in spite of Moscow Mitch threatening the health. lives and jobs of every West Virginian.

This is where I am. The house dems were damned if you / damned if you don’t. They made a compelling case, made the Pubs look bad, and even Mitch went on record that Trump has to go. And they got it done quickly so Joe can move on to his agenda. That’s about all they could have hoped for, conviction was never going to happen.

I'm with you and DC on this 1. And as part of the deal, they got Herrera Beutler's statement into the record, which is damning. And it left congressional Pubs calling for each others' heads. Unless you watch Fox/OAN/Newsmax, you understand that Trump urged on his supporters on 1/6, and that's over half the country. One of the other matters that will come out in the ensuing investigation is why the capitol police force was insufficient that day and why Trump and the pentagon took so long to accept Hogan's and Northam's National Guard assistance. I suspect that won't look good either for team Trump. Senate Dems realized they weren't getting 17 Pubs no matter what, so they made the right decision in the end. And they even got Kennedy and Burr. It was as good as it could be, in only took a week, and now on to the agenda.

I'm with you and DC on this 1. And as part of the deal, they got Herrera Beutler's statement into the record, which is damning. And it left congressional Pubs calling for each others' heads. Unless you watch Fox/OAN/Newsmax, you understand that Trump urged on his supporters on 1/6, and that's over half the country. One of the other matters that will come out in the ensuing investigation is why the capitol police force was insufficient that day and why Trump and the pentagon took so long to accept Hogan's and Northam's National Guard assistance. I suspect that won't look good either for team Trump. Senate Dems realized they weren't getting 17 Pubs no matter what, so they made the right decision in the end. And they even got Kennedy and Burr. It was as good as it could be, in only took a week, and now on to the agenda.

Senate Dems made the decision that got them home in time for Valentines Day dinner.

Back