• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

In Charlotte...

I think it's great that UNCC is 2-0, but their competition so far this year has had zero scholarship players.

It's like a young fighter, you schedule a couple of easy wins to get their career going and off to good start.

I'm not here to argue, again it's great they are 2-0, but don't compare a little financial aid to a full ride football scholarship.

Yeah Chowan has scholarship players, but they're Division II.

Again...Charlotte has guys on the team right now who were recruited to play at a BCS football school.

I want to learn as much as I can about 49er football. Not many teams spend 2 years in the FCS before moving up to play with the big boys

I honestly didn't mean to cause a problem. I really appreciate your support and I know the staff does. Mods, please delete this thread if you feel it would be best.

No worries. Deleting threads is so not us. Just don't post tatas or dongs and you'll be fine. Pokies are OK though.

Glad to see you made your way over DeacMom!

Actually, they do.

In terms of NCAA classification, Chowan is a step down from Campbell. But the FCS Camels play in the non-scholarship Pioneer League; Chowan can offer up to 36 scholarships in Division II (and the Hawks and other CIAA teams use fewer than that).

“They’ve got (experienced) players,” said Lambert, who has 55 scholarship players on his team (a number that will increase to 85 by 2015). “That’s going to be an every-week thing for us, playing teams with older players.”

Hawks senior receiver Robert Holland holds nine school records.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...otte-49ers-wary-of-letdown.html#storylink=cpy

Campbell is winning 40-14 today in their home opener. So they're at least avenging that drubbing.

Hi, Mom. Good to see you posting over here.

Mods, can we get Mom her "Football Godess" title?

This is quickly becoming the Wake/UNCC board. Glad alums are doing well there. Post on your own board, not here.

I don't care about UNCC football. I also don't care if there are threads about UNCC football.

Well, I guess I care because there are some good Deacs on the staff, but I don't care that much.

Who is deacmom and why is 94 so emotionally invested here?

Deac Mom's son played on Grobe's early teams. She was a great poster back then and was a great poster after her son graduated. Unlike some other player parents (footballmom42 anyone?), she was humble, didn't act like she was somehow superior to the fans, wasn't a shill for the coaching staff (although there was far less criticism back then), and it wasn't even public who her son was until after he graduated. Hard to believe that was so long ago.

Last edited:
Deac Mom's son played on Grobe's early teams. She was a great poster back then and was a great poster after her son graduated. Unlike some other player parents (footballmom42 anyone?), she was humble, didn't act like she was somehow superior to the fans, wasn't a shill for the coaching staff (although there was far less criticism back then), and it wasn't even public who her son was until after he graduated. Hard to believe that was so long ago.

Fonda was a character witness for Rae Carruth's sentencing and she appeared in a Dr. Phil show on a different subject. Wish you could still pull that gem up.

Deac Mom is a wonderful woman.

I don't care about UNCC football. I also don't care if there are threads about UNCC football.

Well, I guess I care because there are some good Deacs on the staff, but I don't care that much.

Should we also delete all of the other non wake threads like the braves, panthers, etc?

Back