• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

In-coming freshman fb players

Heard some of the Clawson interview on the Dave Glenn show today and he said that all 24 of the freshamn fb players just got on campus this past monday 7/7 so not much to report yet.

Heard some of the Clawson interview on the Dave Glenn show today and he said that all 24 of the freshamn fb players just got on campus this past monday 7/7 so not much to report yet.

Thanks. Good not to have any last minute "no shows".

Besides Barbour and Uter.

Well Uter absolutely, Barbour I don't know if we just said to go your own way (Clawson that is) or if he didn't qualify and that's why he's at App. If something substantive came out I missed it

Well Uter absolutely, Barbour I don't know if we just said to go your own way (Clawson that is) or if he didn't qualify and that's why he's at App. If something substantive came out I missed it

I thought someone on the recruiting thread said it was a case of Wake self imposing academic conditions so that while he NCAA qualified things got tied up on our end with "exceptions" or whatever constructed barrier our OWGs have.

I tend to agree with you jacket. I haven't seen the two freshmen play, but I fully expect one of them to be them starter early in the year.

I assume the QBs are working out with the receivers. Has anyone watched them throw? Any observations on the freshmen?

I would like to hear the opinions of players as well as the fans that have laid eyes on these players lately. I know I will never see the opinions of the players but I'm pretty sure this poll is out to lunch. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ler-cameron-is-set-for-a-breakout-2014-season

Watched every spring scrimmage open and the spring game and if Cameron is our starting QB it is because he either improved drastically between spring and fall or has dirt on Claws. He was bad. Our offense, even with the subtraction of Lobo, very well could be worse this year. Let that sink in.

The offense will be much improved. With dynamic Qb play, a bad day may be 3TDs and 3 INT. The days of 18 points per game are gone. If Travis Smith comes close to getting a handle on reading ACC defenses and knowing the play book, he is going to put points on the board. I am still not ruling out someone being able to beat out Travis Smith for the starting job but if they do they will have to be playing at a very high level. Either way, points will start appearing soon!

Optimism is cool and all, but you are talking about replacing a 4 year starter with a frosh who wasn't highly recruited and will have no established RB to hand-off to and we graduated the only WR who could make a play last year. I expect to see the difference in how we play due to better coaching, I fully expect it to take time to re-stock and develop talent on offense, and as a result, prob more like 18 points per game.

Ordinarily, replacing a 4 year starting QB would result in a period of lower production. I get that. The truth is, Tanner Price accounted for only 13TD passes to go with 10INT. He averaged less than 200 yds per game passing and the team scored only 18.3 points per game. The combination of a very good coach and a very dangerous QB will make it almost impossible for the offense to be so anemic this year. Sure, the best is yet to come, but there will be points put on the board.

A player I know on the team has expressed confidence that Wolford will be the starter this year. Take that for whatever it is worth.

Last edited:
Wolford has become the forgotten man. Not much chatter about him.

Agreed. He was a Parade All American for Pete's sake. And I am still hoping Tyler can recover from being thrown to the wolves at FSU.

Wolford got a mention on the radio last week in Jacksonville when the guys were discussing the best and worst QB situations in NCAA.

Spoiler alert: we weren't the best.

Back