• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

In DC

Where is bens? May go tomorrow.

You'd really like the U street area, even though I don't really know you. Ben's is like the only culinary institution DC has. Can't go wrong. Be sure to get a half smoke.

Taylor Gourmet is the shit.

Also, whoever listed Pho 75, Vietnamese in the area begins and ends with Eden Center.

You'd really like the U street area, even though I don't really know you. Ben's is like the only culinary institution DC has. Can't go wrong. Be sure to get a half smoke.

Taylor Gourmet is the shit.

Also, whoever listed Pho 75, Vietnamese in the area begins and ends with Eden Center.

Four Sisters FTMFW

I can empathize with the Taylor dislikers because I have had a time or two when my sandwich has been subpar (stale/hard bread, unevenly distributed ingredients, hastily made sandwich), but I have also had times where I agree that it is one of the best sandwiches in the city.

My best luck has been with the Pattison Ave (pork, rabe, provolone) and the South Street (grilled chicken, tomato, goat cheese, pesto). The turkey sandwich I had was a bit dry. And yes, the arancini are the shit. We tend to get the 12" subs now because it's like $2 more for double the sandwich and is easily two meals.

I do always fear with quick expansion that there will be a downgrade in quality.

Bar Louie is solid and a nice atmopshere though I've never had food there.

Meh, the Bar Louie in STL has pretty mediocre food. Can't imagine other locations are much different/better.

I think it's pretty funny that Rasika got thrown out as an inexpensive dinner option, although it's hard to do better in terms of a great meal.

Rasika isn't that bad. You can get Chicken Tikka for 2 and split some Naan bread for under $20/person. The Kabob Palace at Crystal City is a walk-up counter and it's only like $5 cheaper.

The problem is they have about 200 things that are awesome so it's impossible not to order more stuff. Their Palak Chaat is still one of my favorite dishes in DC.

Ate at bens. So full.

Anyone else ate at Nando's? There's one in Chinatown and another near Dupont. Fantastic lunch spot. Great portuguese chicken. Sides are all really good. Sauces as well.

It's become my favorite food spot in D.C. Don't know if it has spread to anywhere else in America yet.

Anyone else ate at Nando's? There's one in Chinatown and another near Dupont. Fantastic lunch spot. Great portuguese chicken. Sides are all really good. Sauces as well.

It's become my favorite food spot in D.C. Don't know if it has spread to anywhere else in America yet.

Ate at Nando's in Dupont. It was decent but not great.

I'm always fascinated by these DC restaurant threads. Mostly because I end up thinking a majority of the places people recommend are supremely overrated. Case in point: Churchkey. Just a miserable place. Great beer menu, but the crowd and vibe murder any chance to enjoy it.

I'm much more of a grill at home or get wings/sandwiches guy though, so I suppose mine is not the most informed of opinions. I don't think I've ever been at a restaurant and thought to myself "this is the most amazing food I've ever had." Most of the time its "yeah, that was good. Moving on..."

Philly, sounds like you have awful taste.

Nando's is pretty good, but the ones in Europe are on a different level. Speaking of London eateries, I hope you DC'ers will get a chance to try Wagamama if it ever opens up. The opening in Penn Quarter seems to be delayed indefinitely.

I'm always fascinated by these DC restaurant threads. Mostly because I end up thinking a majority of the places people recommend are supremely overrated. Case in point: Churchkey. Just a miserable place. Great beer menu, but the crowd and vibe murder any chance to enjoy it.

I'm much more of a grill at home or get wings/sandwiches guy though, so I suppose mine is not the most informed of opinions. I don't think I've ever been at a restaurant and thought to myself "this is the most amazing food I've ever had." Most of the time its "yeah, that was good. Moving on..."

Have you tried Tabard Inn? For me that was one of those amazing meal experiences.

Nando's is pretty good, but the ones in Europe are on a different level. Speaking of London eateries, I hope you DC'ers will get a chance to try Wagamama if it ever opens up. The opening in Penn Quarter seems to be delayed indefinitely.

Wagamama? I guess if you are someone who wants to try and recreate eating out of London's sewers. Ristorante Tosca is comparable to the fare you may find at Chez Bruce in London, and the only way to go. While one is categorized as Northern Italian and the other Modern British, they both provide unpretentious execution with harmonious flavors.

Wagamama? I guess if you are someone who wants to try and recreate eating out of London's sewers. Ristorante Tosca is comparable to the fare you may find at Chez Bruce in London, and the only way to go. While one is categorized as Northern Italian and the other Modern British, they both provide unpretentious execution with harmonious flavors.

i lolled at that. i didnt really like wagamama either. bens, like everyone else says, is outstanding. cant wait to get back.

Last I heard Wagamama is not coming to DC, and the Penn Quarter location has long since fallen through.

Well she put price constraints on it so we couldn't exactly recommend CityZen, The Oval Room, Tosca, Central, BlackSalt, Palena, Komi, Proof, PS7's, etc.

Oh and please go to Ben's even though its kinda out of the way.

Back