• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

In lieu of donations...

deaconguy08

Reaction score
WFU sends me at least one letter a month panhandling for some special works project, the general scholarship fund, or athletics department. I have decided that instead of sending these to the shredder, I will waste 46 cents and return each pre-addressed envelope with the most awkward photo I can find of Bzz. I won't deface it in anyway, his comical fuckuppery should suffice. I would love if this became a thing.

What if we each donate but instead of our normal hefty sums we literally donate 26 cents or do number that is symbolic of Bz's failure... Would be a huge slap in the face

Honestly in lieu of donations and ticket purchases, we should pick a charity like the piccolo fund and donate it there. Would love to see how the ad spins goodwill from the lunatic fringe.

What if we each donate but instead of our normal hefty sums we literally donate 26 cents or do number that is symbolic of Bz's failure... Would be a huge slap in the face
No. Do not give any money, no matter how small. Do not give a penny.

In lieu of donations, send flowers to Wellman, Hatch, Bzz, etc. The card should simply read: R.I.P. Wake Forest basketball. You were taken from us far too soon.

I vote for $0.01. In the spirit of WTF are you thinking.... With the hashtag #wellman out.

Not donating to the school just hurts the academic ranking, scholarship money etc.

Don't donate to the DC, but don't punish an 18 year old because of wellman.

Hurting rankings is actually the way to make the idiots in charge re-think their decision. Wake is an excellent school and will continue to be an excellent school regardless of its rankings. But since the powers that be care about it, that's a useful way to force an issue.

Not donating to the school just hurts the academic ranking, scholarship money etc.

It's Hatch and Wellman who are "punishing" 18 year olds.

Bojangle. I (and pretty much all of my friends who attended Wake) chose Wake because of our great academic reputation combined with great athletics. The farther away we fall from relevancy in athletics, the worse our applicants will get. We are basically turning our school into Davidson except for Davidson makes the NCAA tournament. I really think that one of Wake Forest's strengths as a university is that we have very smart people who attend who aren't complete losers in life. Caring about athletics might sound silly, but it shows that we aren't singular focused. One of Wake's main focuses on applications (or at least what I have been told) is extra-curricular activities. Wake wants well rounded students, and well rounded students want a well rounded University. The two are inseparable. If hurting our rankings for a few years helps return our university to a well rounded approach of academics and athletic prowess then I am personally all for it. We aren't hurting 18 year old students by withholding funds for a year or two. Nothing will change other than the people in power noticing a chance in giving that needs to be corrected.

Bojangle. I (and pretty much all of my friends who attended Wake) chose Wake because of our great academic reputation combined with great athletics. The farther away we fall from relevancy in athletics, the worse our applicants will get. We are basically turning our school into Davidson except for Davidson makes the NCAA tournament. I really think that one of Wake Forest's strengths as a university is that we have very smart people who attend who aren't complete losers in life. Caring about athletics might sound silly, but it shows that we aren't singular focused. One of Wake's main focuses on applications (or at least what I have been told) is extra-curricular activities. Wake wants well rounded students, and well rounded students want a well rounded University. The two are inseparable. If hurting our rankings for a few years helps return our university to a well rounded approach of academics and athletic prowess then I am personally all for it. We aren't hurting 18 year old students by withholding funds for a year or two. Nothing will change other than the people in power noticing a chance in giving that needs to be corrected.

I can see your point, but considering the giving rate for my class (2008) is currently at 4.5%, I have a slightly different perspective. I view donating to the school itself and donating to the DC as two completely different beasts. I also feel more connected through sports etc. but I also recognize that Wake is a school that is becoming more and more homogenous over time because of expense and I don't think people tend to realize how low giving rates at Wake are or the fact that Wake doesn't have as much money as people think they do (the high tuition and general wealth of the student body lead to this).

Just return the POSTAGE PAID envelope empty or with a statement etc. Send no $$$...They will receive the message as they are charged for each envelope returned by the Postal Service...

No. Do not give any money, no matter how small. Do not give a penny.

I said this in another thread. Don't give anymore unless you can stand not to tailgate for football games and actually use a ticket to watch us get creamed. When 30K worth of fans don't show up at an SEC school home game (or Clemson/FSU) to protest the coach or AD, folks (AD & BOT) notice real quick.

Granted Groves is smaller, but don't buy football tickets this year and just go tailgate instead. That lack of dough coming in will be evident even if 3K don't buy/show up.

When wellman and buzz are gone, donations put off will be forthcoming and negate whatever short term damage there is

----------
Tapatalk.

I've started responding to those auto-emails from the Deacon Club, telling them that they won't get any more money from me for membership or tickets until [Redacted] is gone. I know nobody ready those things, but it makes me feel a little better given the shitstorm of this athletic program. I also blasted some poor girl from the volleyball team who called to thank me for last year's donation. I told her that I knew it wasn't her fault, but somebody needs to know that I really don't care about women's volleyball, and I'm not going to give money to support it if [Redacted] is still around ruining our flagship program.

You can't blast hot volleyball chicks!

I think if I get a DC call, I'll ask hot volleyball chick if there is a DC employee present that I can speak with and blast them instead. But hot volleyball chicks are sacred and shouldn't be tainted with Wellman's tainty taint.

Back