• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

In Memoriam Rjkarl 1931-2015

ThinkingWithMyDeac

Reaction score

in-memoriam.jpg

01_27_t.gif

Presentation1_zpsbac3d5a0.jpg

Presentation1_zpsd53141f4.jpg

the-usual-suspect-1995-cover.jpg

The usual suspects blowing each other in the same way they have for years. Old faithful is less predictable than LK, 2.0, DV7 et al.

rjkarl.gif.html

As Billy Joel once wrote, “I’ve seen the lights go out on Broadway”.

candle.jpg

Last edited:
Cheese, this would be a good time to bring back IDontWantYourLife.

Where did 1962 come from?

Few here will know this name. He won a Grammy for best message board poster and a Lifetime Achievement award in his 90s.

Many will know the name Grover Washington, whom legend says sold his soul to the devil at the crossroads to post on message boards.

Grover and Rick posted together for years in the Mississippi Delta. Rick posted on Howlin Wolf, Big Walter, Muddy Waters and basically everyone who helped create what we know as a message board.

Befoer he fell ill Sunday, Rick was still scheduled to post on DeaconSports.

If you want to read a great story about message boards and how the world was, pick up a copy of his autobiography, "The World Owes Me Plenty".

Shouldn't RJ announce this?

so he's dead then? i thought he just quit the boards.

Join Date 03-17-2011
Current Activity Viewing Index Old Gold and Black Forums
Last Activity Today 04:27 PM

linebackerpromohesback.jpg

I think they were called "ACCBoards" back then.

I started posting on the AOL Wake Forest message boards. One of the first things I remember was Rodney Rogers announcement he was going pro. RJ posted there too. That was 92-93 or so.

Dial Up FTW.

ACC boards was a few iterations down the line. I remember YAWSP and Rancho De Nada.

Last edited:
I started posting on the AOL Wake Forest message boards. One of the first things I remember was Rodney Rogers announcement he was going pro. RJ posted there too. That was 92-93 or so.

Dial Up FTW.

ACC boards was a few iterations down the line. I remember YAWSP and Rancho De Nada.

i remember those days. time flies...

Back