• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

income inequality debate

You realize you are saying this about somebody who seriously thinks we should assess wealth taxes based on forbes magazine, don't you?

Chris, you keep ignoring that I said if someone disputes it they can provide the evidence to show it’s wrong. I really don’t care about getting the most accurate number down to the cent.

Equating anti-capitalist politics with ant-intellectualism is something fascists do.

Chris, you keep ignoring that I said if someone disputes it they can provide the evidence to show it’s wrong. I really don’t care about getting the most accurate number down to the cent.

What you care about really isn't relevant. That assessment wouldn't be legally enforceable. There is no accountability or control that the valuation is consistently applied or that it provides equal protection for all taxpayers. What basis would their be to direct the methodology as to how Forbes would even determine this number. If I buy Forbes magazine can I deflate my net worth and inflate yours. Again, you should be smarter than this, but apparently you aren't.

Last edited:
Reminder that people like ChrisL don’t actually care about income inequality.

Who cares if what we suggest is impossible to do? Let’s say it’s the only way and everyone else is fascist!

At least Townie and Strickland have style, sense, and intelligence.

You have to admit that taxing people based on a magazine intern’s research isn’t the best idea in the world.

So you’re arguing that people would reject the Forbes estimate and provide evidence they should pay more in taxes. That makes no sense.

So you’re arguing that people would reject the Forbes estimate and provide evidence they should pay more in taxes. That makes no sense.

No. I’m saying that your “plan” makes about as much sense as allowing OGBoards to determine your tax rate.

No. I’m saying that your “plan” makes about as much sense as allowing OGBoards to determine your tax rate.

If OGBoards determined you are worth $100M when you’re really worth $150M, you’d be fine with OGBoards determining your tax rate.

Who cares if what we suggest is impossible to do? Let’s say it’s the only way and everyone else is fascist!

At least Townie and Strickland have style, sense, and intelligence.

The frat boy who constantly engages in ableism is definitely not fascist.

Isn’t DeaconSig the poster who also likes to mock other posters for having sales jobs? Definitely not classist.

Have one more and you might be suggesting that Dick Wolf gets to arbitrarily decide federal court cases.

LOL. How many drinks have you had? You don’t understand a pretty simple idea. Either accept the public estimate or provide your own.

Back