• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indiana, the RFRA, and the backlash

There is a clear difference between the political right wing and extremism. I think I'm interpreting correctly that you are making that differentiation. Just making sure.

The free market can't kick a fraternity off campus. We don't have that power. We don't fund them or control them. They are a private entity. Their governing bodies (the national HQ and the university) acted swiftly by throwing them off campus.

I'm not sure that distinction is all that clear currently.

Yeah in 2015 with the candidates running for president that is not a clear distinction whatsoever I don't believe.

I certainly can't disagree with that. And the great thing about America is that we have the right to tell people to go fuck themselves and not darken the door of their home/business if they have such backwards and hateful views. Let em hang whatever ignorant sign they want. I doubt the skinheads and their sister-daughters are going to keep them in business very long.

I understand your motive in establishing a certain goalpost. Anyone who is uncomfortable with homosexuality is a hater and wants to kill all of them.

The major issue with the whole "we can tell people to go fuck themselves if we don't want to serve them" is the 14th amendment. So is the rationale that we don't need that or is that the 14th amendment was needed then but not now and the market can figure it out? Or is it that we never needed it? I'm legitimately curious. Because quite frankly we tried the "market will level out" and still needed to call in the national guard to the south. So that's a thing.

That wasn't the result of the market. That was a conflict over federal control vs. states' rights.

If it was truly about free markets, who knows when integration would happen? Whites were perfectly happy with segregation. Bus boycotts and such only had limited impact as a market force. The big impact was spurring change in the law.

Is this about Jesus or free markets? I'm confused. Y'all gotta get your basis for discrimination figured out.

Maybe I just more faith in humanity than I should. Frankly, I probably do.

Did we ever get an explanation as to what the gay agenda is?

Yeah in 2015 with the candidates running for president that is not a clear distinction whatsoever I don't believe.

Please tell me you don't actually believe this. If you equate the political right to various hate groups, you've got a seriously skewed view of the world. I know you don't like opinions that differ from yours, who does, but being a conservative doesn't equal extremism.

You have such a hard on for being a conservative martyr that you don't understand that people aren't saying what you think they're saying. Nobody is talking about run of the mill conservatives. We are talking about the conservative extremists.

Please tell me you don't actually believe this. If you equate the political right to various hate groups, you've got a seriously skewed view of the world. I know you don't like opinions that differ from yours, who does, but being a conservative doesn't equal extremism.

I'm completely fine with viewpoints that differ from mine and guys like bush, Walker, and romney are not extremists. People like Bachman, Carson, Cruz, Santorum, and huckabee are pretty damn extreme when you look at their views relative to the overall population. I would garner a lot of these candidates are labeled as "extremists" by political scientists based on their objective qualitative and quantitative deviations from the populous.

You have such a hard on for being a conservative martyr that you don't understand that people aren't saying what you think they're saying. Nobody is talking about run of the mill conservatives. We are talking about the conservative extremists.

You're such a blowhard, Ph. You don't want people confusing your words? Don't make sensationalistic statements.

Last edited:
I should have been more specific than simply saying republican candidates and exempted a couple. Still the point remains that a lot of GOP candidates for president are pretty extremist

You're the one failing to simply use the words others used in response to their points. No sense for us to engage with someone who will make up something to get pissy about.

Junebug, I don't get your first one. Plenty of businesses don't rely on black clientele for whatever reason. None of your reasons account for Devil's original point.

I should have been more specific than simply saying republican candidates and exempted a couple. Still the point remains that a lot of GOP candidates for president are pretty extremist

I think we have been using different meanings for extremist, as well. I associate that with the various hate groups and I think you're using it to describe the far right, Tea Party types. Not that either is more correct than the other, just stated for clarity.

Last edited:
People who side with bigotry and discrimination are rapidly being ostracized and shouted down by our progressively evolving society.

And I love it.

You're the one failing to simply use the words others used in response to their points. No sense for us to engage with someone who will make up something to get pissy about.

Junebug, I don't get your first one. Plenty of businesses don't rely on black clientele for whatever reason. None of your reasons account for Devil's original point.

What am I making up exactly?

Back