• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indictment of Jeff [Redacted]

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
I don't think anything shows how bad a coach Bzzz is as much as last night. It's not hard for a coach to have his team ready to play against a ranked State team and #1 Miami team at home last year. It's not hard to have your team ready to play UNC at home last Sunday night. The mark of a good coach is having your team ready to go play Ga Tech or FSU or UVA on the road after those wins, instead we look lost, unprepared, and uninspired. Jeff [Redacted] is a joke and in year 4 the joke is too old!!!

Lots of coaches have issues going on the road against a tough opponent after winning a big game. That's why the line was so high.

That said, more 20 pt losses on the road? Down by what....30? It's bizarre. How can a team consistently play well at home and so bad on the road? The loss isn't the issue, it's the complete collapse.

The team is made of his recruits taught by him...so no excuses about a transition from Dino and or off-court distractions. I could see a team of freshmen having some problems, leading to this Jekyll and Hyde thing between home and away, but a group of very experienced sophomores? Not. The team is obviously capable of playing way better because they do. That performance is completely on Bz, and as we all know the pattern extends way back to Colorado. If he doesn't fix whatever he does on the road and ASAP, he has to go. It's squarely on him.

And for all the worries about Dino damaging recruits and the need to bring in Bz......I fear his issues will now damage the other coaches.

6V7FJRr.gif

If he doesn't fix whatever he does on the road and ASAP, he has to go. It's squarely on him.

I realize you're "not Buzzin" these days...but, why exactly, should he get any shot at fixing anything at this point? We have 6.5 years of losing on the road to go by. There's no hope whatsoever that he's suddenly going to turn this around and fix it. Just admit that he needs to be gone tomorrow and put this silly little "I'm not Buzzin, but if he turns into a huge winner tomorrow, I think he should stay" argument behind you.

Last edited:
Lots of coaches have issues going on the road against a tough opponent after winning a big game. That's why the line was so high.

That said, more 20 pt losses on the road? Down by what....30? It's bizarre. How can a team consistently play well at home and so bad on the road? The loss isn't the issue, it's the complete collapse.

The team is made of his recruits taught by him...so no excuses about a transition from Dino and or off-court distractions. I could see a team of freshmen having some problems, leading to this Jekyll and Hyde thing between home and away, but a group of very experienced sophomores? Not. The team is obviously capable of playing way better because they do. That performance is completely on Bz, and as we all know the pattern extends way back to Colorado. If he doesn't fix whatever he does on the road and ASAP, he has to go. It's squarely on him.

And for all the worries about Dino damaging recruits and the need to bring in Bz......I fear his issues will now damage the other coaches.

That's the thing. I could handle a loss last night if we looked competitive and at least prepared, but time and time again we look a scheduled early season cupcake for our opponent in those situations. Last year's win over State was followed with a loss at Ga. Tech where I think we were down 16-0 before we even scored, after we beat Miami last year we went to FSU who we had badly beat at home and lost in a rout, and then we saw what happened last night.

Damn, I thought he was being arraigned this morning.

Crimes against basketball- hangin' offense. Guilty, guilty, guilty. Wellman equally guilty for aiding and abetting. Hang his butt too. BzzyBoy gives Bob Wade a case for a pardon as the worst ever.

When was the last time Wake played a close road game? The only one I can think of is @VA TECH last season, a game that we should have won but found a way to choke. I want to believe that there are more but i cannot think of any. All i think of is blowouts.

It is impossible to make postseason - NIT, NCAA if you do not win roughly 20% to 25% of your road conference games. Most teams do not go undefeated in conference play at home which means you need to steal 1 or 2 on the road plus beat the bottom half of the league to get to double digit conference wins. Bz hasn't even won 5% of his road games IN HIS CAREER as a college coach.

How is that even possible? It really is astoundingly awful

Pitt is a lot better than UVA, Saturday will likely be a worse defeat if that is even possible.......

I couldn't watch last night's game but I bet like almost all of you, I knew exactly what would happen. It won't get better. Not now.

We are well past this point. 1 and whatever on the road after 3 seasons is far more than a pattern. It's the rule without exceptions.

Last edited:
A very simple question- In the TV era, has there ever been a coach, in a major conference, with a 3+ year or 4+ year road record that approaches [Redacted]'s?

Last night's presser:

Q: "Why have the Demon Deacons struggled on the road?"
Bz: "I really don't have the answer to that."

I would say UVA is a pretty good team, and I think they are, but it seems irrelevant.

I would say I've never seen so many damn turnovers in one game. But I have.

I would say its the biggest asskicking I've ever seen on the road after a win. But its not.

I've seen all of this before, over and over and over.

Last night's presser:

Q: "Why have the Demon Deacons struggled on the road?"
Bz: "I really don't have the answer to that."

Any coach that provides that answer and it's an answer he's provide before several times, should be fired the very next day.

Back