• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Influenza

WFU71

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
Anyone had this ish yet? Wife is on day 6; I'm on day 5. This is the third time in my life that I've had real flu and do not want a fourth go round.

She tried Tamiflu, but the virus laughed at it. At a mere $100 a script after insurance, it was a bad joke.

Last edited:
Particularly nasty strain of it this year. Do not want.

Just don't wash your hands ever and build your immune system and eat like two or three vegetables a day. Not that hard.

Should have asked the boards first before you wasted 100 dollars. As Tamiflu is a huge joke. The only way for Tamiflu to be effective is essentially start taking it from the immediate point of contact with influenza. By the time anyone shows symptoms and therefore goes to the doctor Tamiflu is useless. Its not even really an antiviral, its a neuromindase inhibitor which blocks influenza NA protein from cleaving the virus from the cell. The idea is if you can prevent the virus from releasing less cells will become infected. Well it doesn't work too well when you already have a million cells infected leading to cell lysis of infected cells and the virus is released anyway.

In summary yes, Tamiflu is a joke and you wasted 100 dollars.

Back