• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Injury Updates on Green, McClinton and Mitchell?

Daniel would certainly help Devin down low. I know the guys on the team can't wait till he rejoins them. One side note is that D has not stopped growing...talked to Johnny O and his contact says Daniel is still growing and is close to 6'll 1/2. I know Devin is looking forward to it...DG supposedly works as hard as anybody on the team. I'd like to just see his health stabilize.

Wow. I'd actually forgotten about them.
Wonder how our team would be different if they were healthy?

I mean this sincerely - not very.

Daniel may have given us Andre's production, but then Andre would still be sitting on the bench. Likewise, there's no way in heck that Greg breaks through the Travis, Moto, and Tree rotation and I don't think we'd risk playing him at the 2 until that jump shot is proven.

Shelton is in HS (apologies if you knew that), so hopefully he's all healed up with his confidence back by the time he suits up for us. I'm a bit worried about the knee given the fact that he wasn't the quickest player before, but he seems like he has a great attitude, so he should get back fine.

Daniel may have given us Andre's production, but then Andre would still be sitting on the bench. Likewise, there's no way in heck that Greg breaks through the Travis, Moto, and Tree rotation and I don't think we'd risk playing him at the 2 until that jump shot is proven.

I thought Bz said in a press conference that if Greg was healthy he'd be a starter.

I mean this sincerely - not very.

Shelton is in HS (apologies if you knew that), so hopefully he's all healed up with his confidence back by the time he suits up for us. I'm a bit worried about the knee given the fact that he wasn't the quickest player before, but he seems like he has a great attitude, so he should get back fine.

I know he is a freshman but if McClinton isn't taking any minutes from that trio then what are we looking at going forward? A solid 8th man on a decent team?

GMc is more of a wing than Travis or Moto or Cav or Tree so once he's actually healthy I think he'll find plenty of minutes. I'm guessing that won't be this season though. I believe someone posted that Bz had changed his mind regarding him playing this season. Early on he made it seem like GMc would definitely be playing.

I know he is a freshman but if McClinton isn't taking any minutes from that trio then what are we looking at going forward? A solid 8th man on a decent team?

Travis graduates and, depending on Bill's summer, I wouldn't be surprised to see McClinton getting 20 mpg as a RS-freshman, splitting time at the 3 those two juniors. I'd expect him to be starting as a sophomore.

Is Mclinton similar to Tokoto of UNC?

Greg's skinnier and I want to say that he has more upside as a scorer. I also really don't like Tokoto, even though he's been a beast at times this year.

Greg's skinnier and I want to say that he has more upside as a scorer. I also really don't like Tokoto, even though he's been a beast at times this year.

Pretty spot on. I also don't like Tokoto's game at all - can't shoot a lick and not very aggressive. I know that McClinton has been putting in some serious work on his jump shot over the course of his rehab. Hopefully it translates to the court.

Pretty spot on. I also don't like Tokoto's game at all - can't shoot a lick and not very aggressive. I know that McClinton has been putting in some serious work on his jump shot over the course of his rehab. Hopefully it translates to the court.

Yep. People will be pleasantly surprised with Greg's offensive game when he heals up.

GMc is more of a wing than Travis or Moto or Cav or Tree so once he's actually healthy I think he'll find plenty of minutes. I'm guessing that won't be this season though. I believe someone posted that Bz had changed his mind regarding him playing this season. Early on he made it seem like GMc would definitely be playing.
Great news. Seems bzz is no longer feeling the heat and feels safe for next year (and beyond). #loweredexpectations

can someone remind again what the injuries were and maybe how far out from surgery? I would look it up but am too dumb to figure it out and I bet one of you know of the top of your head anyway...Thanks:)

Personally, I don't want to se GMc play at all this season. Slap on the redshirt, give him more of a chance to strengthen the knee, and shift him down into next year's class. It makes too much sense not to do.

But on the downside, if [Redacted] is really changing his tune then he must anticipate being here next year.

can someone remind again what the injuries were and maybe how far out from surgery? I would look it up but am too dumb to figure it out and I bet one of you know of the top of your head anyway...Thanks:)

knee, knee, and knee

far (doh), far, and recent

Back