• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Injury updates...

saltydeac

Reaction score
Anyone with more recent updates as not a lot of noise out there on some key players and their expected return?

Scotty Washington - I don't think I have yet to hear the nature of his injury and if expected back soon or for a while other than missing tonight's game?
Jamie Newman - sounds like Claw hope is able to go tonight, but won't know until game time.
Mike Allen - sounds hurt but no official word on what and how long?

Is that it or are there other injury concerns????

Anyone have an update on Herron or Davis?

Or any other player for that matter as I felt we had at least 5-6 players hurt

Herron and Davis are important. We can't afford injuries in the secondary

Anyone have an update on Herron or Davis?

Or any other player for that matter as I felt we had at least 5-6 players hurt

Just posted the same thing in the game thread. Unusually intense game for an opener. Hoping our guys all recover quickly.

Nearly ralfed when Dortch didn't get up right away....hope he's ok.

Think Bachman just got wind knocked out.

Herron's knee injury looked not so good.

Davis's non-contact mis-step looked like freakish knee injury.

Hope to be wrong, but Davis' injury looked like a classic ACL turf injury. The receiver Davis covered stopped quickly after catching the ball near the sideline and Davis tried to adjust with an abrupt cut and his knee gave way as he tumbled into the WF bench. Hard to tell what happened with Herron, but his didn't look good either.

Realize that it is a small consolation, but if Davis' injury is serious, he played as a true frosh which would give him an opportunity to red-shirt this year and still have 3 eligible seasons left.

I wonder a bit about Dortch's durability as a slot receiver going over the middle, playing against defenses who clearly plan to be very physical with him

Tulane was laying some smack on last night. I flinched every time I heard one of those big hits. Thought they played hard. Real hard.

There was definitely some hard hitting going on. We delivered a few shots ourselves. I did not like seeing Hartman take some of the hits he took; but glad to see him unafraid to run the ball.

Tulane was laying some smack on last night. I flinched every time I heard one of those big hits. Thought they played hard. Real hard.

Probably not a good OOC team to schedule. Physical, big downside if you lose, not much upside if you win. Lots of face masking, late hits, etc. Glad we got out with a W.

Probably not a good OOC team to schedule. Physical, big downside if you lose, not much upside if you win. Lots of face masking, late hits, etc. Glad we got out with a W.

Most of these games are agreed to so far in advance you have no idea what the team will be like when that season comes.

I wonder a bit about Dortch's durability as a slot receiver going over the middle, playing against defenses who clearly plan to be very physical with him

Yes. If by "very physical" you mean sizing him up and smashing him when he catches passes over the middle, I concur. I saw that hit coming and winced.

Still thought it was a catch for a first down, that somehow turned into 4th and 5 field goal attempt.

Yes. If by "very physical" you mean sizing him up and smashing him when he catches passes over the middle, I concur. I saw that hit coming and winced.

Still thought it was a catch for a first down, that somehow turned into 4th and 5 field goal attempt.
Me too!

Back