• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Input regarding 2012 Hyundai Azera

RiskyBusiness

Reaction score
Looking at new cars and this looks like a lot of car for the money. Seems like more car than the Lexus ES for less money. Anyone have a knowlegeable opinion that they are willing to share?

I have the 2011 Sonata and liked so much that I purchased an used 2009 Santa Fe for my wife...both seem to be great vehicles. The new Azera is an upscale Sonata and thus I suspect that it is a very good car.

I should add that previously I owned Honda Accords...the Hyundai offers more for the money. It is not a superior auto than the Accord but provides more options and better economy.

The Azera is designed to compete with the Toyota Avalon, Lexus ES etc. and cars of that size since it is bigger than an accord or camry. I don't know much about the Azera since it just came out but to repeat what others have said the Sonata is a great car and the Azera is a bigger more luxurious version of the Sonata. Another option would be the new 2013 Toyota Avalon that is about to come out. That car has a much more stylish design than before. If you want American than the buick lacrosse is probably the best option since it has actually beaten the Lexus ES in some comparison tests.

the azeras look pretty damn sweet. i also like the lacrosse, but would have a hard time driving a buick. too old person-ish for me.

the azeras look pretty damn sweet. i also like the lacrosse, but would have a hard time driving a buick. too old person-ish for me.

I understand your sentiment since I used to feel that way. I'd probably go with the Azera over the Avalon since its a lot cheaper and its got a longer warranty

Azera is nice - just to reiterate what others have said, Hyundais are good now - they are moving away from the 10/100,000 warranty that made people think they were cheaply made pieces of junk. The cars run well and are manufactured well.

I sat in one a few weeks back waiting for my oil change to be finished (I have a 2010 Hyundai Veracruz) - its really nice on the inside.

Auto union has ruined American cars and made them a very poor value. Most foreign cars are made in America.

American cars have made great strides in quality in the last 5 years or so.

Back