• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Inside Trump's Hour by Hour Battle for Self-Preservation

huge increase in debt, failed foreign policy, terrorism on the rise, serious increase of illegal immigration, increasing crisis in Obama's centerpiece achievement ACA, government by executive fiat instead of legislation

to name a couple

the voters certainly took notice, maybe you should too

This may be the last time I try to seriously engage with sailor. He's gone off the deep end like bkf.

The increase in debt was necessary to spur recovery after the Great Recession. Remember the worldwide economic collapse? Why is increasing debt worse than that?

Oh and deficits went down dramatically.

Explain what failed in our foreign policy. Places that were bad are still bad. Sure. We got Osama. We maintained good relationships with the G8, G20, and the EU.

I love the argument that terrorism has gotten worse since the W administration allowed the biggest attack on American soil.

Now you can make an argument about domestic terrorism but much of that is the rise of white nationalism in response to a black president. It's pretty shitty to blame Obama for how shitty people react to him. More on that later.

I'm not sure if the pace of illegal immigration went up or not. Either way, what's the big deal? Show me a fact based argument that illegal immigration is bad. Many of the actual problems are on the business end and because government doesn't accommodate for undocumented workers and advocate for their rights and for strong wages.

The "crisis" in ACA is primarily in red states that did not embrace it. The GOP works hard to make ACA not work so rubes will blame Obama.

Republicans in Congress refused to work with Obama so he had to use executive orders. And he didn't use as many as most of his predecessors.

Which voters took notice of Obama? I could be wrong, but as I recall he got re-elected, is this incorrect? Hillary is not Obama. If she were, more young folks and minorities probably turn out to vote for her in swing states. Hillary lost in part because she wasn’t as squeaky clean as Obama who had less scandals in 8 years than your boy Donald has had in 8 weeks.

huge increase in debt, failed foreign policy, terrorism on the rise, serious increase of illegal immigration, increasing crisis in Obama's centerpiece achievement ACA, government by executive fiat instead of legislation

to name a couple

the voters certainly took notice, maybe you should too

The annual deficit that was handed to Obama was cut by nearly 2/3 by Obama.

Illegal immigration was DOWN during the Obama Administration http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/27/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

Trump's pace on EO's leaves Obama (and all other POTUS of the past 50 years) in the dust http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/13/politics/donald-trump-executive-orders/index.html

A higher percentage of Americans have health insurance because of ACA.

Since 2002, twice as many people in America have been killed by white supremacists than by Muslim terrorists.

I'm beginning to think sailor is not a professor after all...

Last edited:
I have to laugh. When Obama ushered in a let's weaken America on all fronts agenda, I screamed in outrage only to resign myself that I was shouting into the wind. Hope all you want, but Trump isn't reacting to the typical full court press lynching the way the left hopes. He is just doing what he is said he would do regardless and calling out those in his way. This is why so many support him. So get use to him being POTUS

Hey old man, thanks for destroying America as one last dick move before you die and burn in hell.

Thats pretty much how I imagined Trump carried on. Knew he wasnt a wonk but this cheese dick seems to spend zero minutes going over policy or strategy. Never hear of him waking up early because the details of a bill or a foreign policy decision are keeping him up. You know, the way real leaders behave

How was America weaker in 2016 than it was in 2008?

This just relates to Foreign Policy. Good article from a pro obama author at the journal Foreign Policy.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/01/18/barack-obama-was-a-foreign-policy-failure/

Barack Obama Was a Foreign-Policy Failure
The 44th president of the United States promised to bring change but mostly drove the country deeper into a ditch.

I began writing this column (originally in the form of a blog) in 2009, at the very beginning of Barack Obama’s presidency. His election filled me with both hope and trepidation: I admired his eloquence and visible intelligence, and I shared some of his foreign-policy instincts, but my early columns also expressed misgivings about his overly ambitious foreign-policy agenda.

Now, in his final week in office, it’s only natural to take a look back and offer an assessment. And when it comes to foreign policy, I regret to say my verdict is not particularly favorable.

I have to laugh. When Obama ushered in a let's weaken America on all fronts agenda, I screamed in outrage only to resign myself that I was shouting into the wind. Hope all you want, but Trump isn't reacting to the typical full court press lynching the way the left hopes. He is just doing what he is said he would do regardless and calling out those in his way. This is why so many support him. So get use to him being POTUS

So saving the American auto industry, avoiding a depression, regaining America's name on the world stage, cutting the deficit by close to 2/3, cutting unemployment by almost half, more than doubling the value of the equity markets, having the highest HS graduation rates ever, getting more than 11 million people insurance who didn't have it and more is a "let's weaken America on all fronts agenda".

People saying things like you do in spite of all the evidence is a major reason our nation is so divided. Even when a person of the party helps the nation as much as Obama did (in spite of the most obstructionist Congress in US history), you say it's weakening America on all fronts.

This just relates to Foreign Policy. Good article from a pro obama author at the journal Foreign Policy.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/01/18/barack-obama-was-a-foreign-policy-failure/

Barack Obama Was a Foreign-Policy Failure
The 44th president of the United States promised to bring change but mostly drove the country deeper into a ditch.

I began writing this column (originally in the form of a blog) in 2009, at the very beginning of Barack Obama’s presidency. His election filled me with both hope and trepidation: I admired his eloquence and visible intelligence, and I shared some of his foreign-policy instincts, but my early columns also expressed misgivings about his overly ambitious foreign-policy agenda.

Now, in his final week in office, it’s only natural to take a look back and offer an assessment. And when it comes to foreign policy, I regret to say my verdict is not particularly favorable.

There's no doubt Obama received a lot of flack for his foreign policy...sometimes rightfully so. But I can almost guarantee you most foreign policy experts who derided Obama's policy are downright terrified by Trump and are now wishing for the days of Obama again.

Case in point: here's an article by that very same author in October.

The Donald Trump-Kaiser Wilhelm Parallels Are Getting Scary

Both men were insecure and undisciplined — and in charge of governments in thrall to the military.

At this point, it is not exactly headline news that America is being “led” (if that is even the right word) by a bizarre and erratic president. Nine months into the Donald Trump administration, all those Republican foreign policy experts who warned he was “unfitted to the office” during the 2016 campaign have been proven right.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/12/the-donald-trump-kaiser-wilhelm-parallels-are-getting-scary/

Last edited:
There's no doubt Obama received a lot of flack for his foreign policy...sometimes rightfully so. But I can almost guarantee you most foreign policy experts who derided Obama's policy are downright terrified by Trump and are now wishing for the days of Obama again.

Case in point: here's an article by that very same author in October.

The Donald Trump-Kaiser Wilhelm Parallels Are Getting Scary

Both men were insecure and undisciplined — and in charge of governments in thrall to the military.

At this point, it is not exactly headline news that America is being “led” (if that is even the right word) by a bizarre and erratic president. Nine months into the Donald Trump administration, all those Republican foreign policy experts who warned he was “unfitted to the office” during the 2016 campaign have been proven right.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/12/the-donald-trump-kaiser-wilhelm-parallels-are-getting-scary/

Encirclement

Back