• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Instant replay

Looks like he had control of the football when/if it touched the ground. I know that is a catch in the NFL and I think so in college.

I am not even positive on that replay that the ball touched the ground. It looked like it was about to, but he is in the act of cradling it and his arm gets in the way of the picture. I think it did, but I wouldn't say indisputably.

Last edited:
rtq, the light on the backboard clearly went on before the shot left the guys hand. it was the proper call; the espn announcers were too dumb to notice that.

i didn't see last night's game, but didn't this come up a few years ago...maybe in a providence game. i want to say that because of that game the red light - and not the clock - was the official end of the game. or maybe that rule was just brought up at the end of that game.

The procedure for replay should allow for 1-2 viewings at a few angles at about the speed of the VT catch above. If you have to look at it more than twice, then it is not indisputable evidence to overturn.

Basically, take like 30 seconds to look at it. That's all you get.

Not only was it not a catch, and it would not have been a catch in the NFL, it looks to me like he was also out of bounds.

Back