• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Interested in Modern Architecture. How to Learn More?

bullets

Reaction score
I have recently become interested in modern architecture. I have read about a number of different individual architects, but was curious if anyone out there had any recommendations for books that are readable by the casual observer regarding the evolution of architecture since say 1900?

This is essential. Not the entire work, but an abridged version that hits the highlights.

5181S66424L.jpg

my theory, it's dented and he lost his log-in information and this was left logged in on one of his computers/phones/etc.

wait, did dented die or something? he's got no user name on the members list.

And for a good intro to what would become modern architecture, a great read is "Otto Wagner, 1841-1918: Forerunner of Modern Architecture" by August Sarnitz. I haven't found any fantastic survey books that aren't either stuffy academic works or coffee table picture books.

Devil in the White City had a lot of interesting stuff about the start of modern architecture in Chicago, if you haven't read it.

bullshits > bullets

30 Minute Man
AbortedDeac
AD Plant
Adult Baby
AdultDiaperDeac
All Is Well Deac
Angretronh
AnonymousDork
Anthony'sWeiner
AreJayKay
Bigot-tyBigot-ty