• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Interesting Harris/Pendergrass Comparision

10593.jpeg
says "oh hai guys!"

I disagree. The point is to make first downs. Gaining zero yards or losing three running wide hampers that effort. Gaining 3-4 yards per rush helps that effort. Of course everyone wants to see a 70 yeard TD run. But long runs of any kind have been pretty few and far between, even from Harris. Thus, somone who can pick up positive yards and help keep the chains moving is of value.

Except Josh doesn't run backwards. Look at who who was trusted to punch it in at the goal line against ND. And look at who fumbled inside the 10. Josh is the better running back, and easily the better running back for WF (when as healthy as BP of course).

The question is which back do you want if you need 4 yards.

All the more reason why median yards per carry and percent carries over 4 or 5 yards would be a better stat.

i agree.

the OP was trying to point out that BP may be the better back for consistent, clock wearing down drives, not that 20+ yard gains are meaningless.

I don't know what games some of you are watching. BP plays hard so you don't want to criticize him, but he and Harris aren't on the same level. Harris isn't just more likely to make a big run, he's less likely to take a loss.

But the biggest differences are in pass protection and the way defenses play us. Even when he wasn't necessarily producing a lot of yards, defenses respected our running game when Harris was in -- it hasn't been the same since he got injured.

Yep. SPOT ON.

Harris = unreliable till he proves otherwise. Not saying I've given up on him or it is his fault but look lik Tarzan get hurt like jane is not useful

Jesus Effin' Christ!... Bp just ran for 130 yards and 2 TD's on 20 attempts against the 9th ranked team in the Country!
Show the "senior" some damn r-e-s-p-e-c-t! Forget about Harris this year! It's not happening!!! Let's hope we can go into next year with two healthy RB's.

Jesus Effin' Christ!... Bp just ran for 130 yards and 2 TD's on 20 attempts against the 9th ranked team in the Country!
Show the "senior" some damn r-e-s-p-e-c-t! Forget about Harris this year! It's not happening!!! Let's hope we can go into next year with two healthy RB's.

+10000000000000000

BP is having a great season and is playing his tail off. And I respect everything he is doing and how he is playing. Doesn't mean that Josh still isn't the best back on the team when healthy.

BP is having a great season and is playing his tail off. And I respect everything he is doing and how he is playing. Doesn't mean that Josh still isn't the best back on the team when healthy.

:noidea:

Back