• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Iona at Wake - 8:30 ESPN3

Gonna be closer than people think. Devin should dominate the boards because they are weak there. 13th best offensive efficiency in the country though. Good test for our team.

Iona was 22-11 last year; 17-3 in the MAAC; 5-8 OOC. They lost 4 of their top 6 scorers, but return A.J English (17 ppg in 2014) and David Laury (the MAAC pre-season POY). They shoot the 3 well 42%. but their two opponents made 46% of their 3s so far. Iona has been killed on the boards (-8.5 boards per game), and they have not forced may turnovers (9.5 per game). Their starting PG is 5-10 155 pound freshman, Shadrac Casimir, who is averaging 15 ppg.

I think that Manning will have the team's attention after the Arkansas beat-down, and WF is due for a much better shooting game (1-18 from 3 at Arkansas). Think that WF wins and covers.

Be a good test of our conditioning tonight. Two road games in three nights followed by third game in five days tonight... hope we are physically and mentally prepared. Our turnover rate so far doesn't need any help from tired minds/bodies.

Be a good test of our conditioning tonight. Two road games in three nights followed by third game in five days tonight... hope we are physically and mentally prepared. Our turnover rate so far doesn't need any help from tired minds/bodies.

DnxS5rL.jpg

I'll predict we eclipse the 5.6% mark from deep...

Would be nice to see us bounce back from a horrid road shooting performance and just give them an ass-kicking at home.

I feel like Iona always has some undersized guard that can fill it up.

Heading out for W-S in a bit. Only went to one game in the entire [Redacted] Error. Excited to be enthusiastic about Deacon hoops again.

Wasn't Jeff Ruland Iona's coach for a while? I used to live the next town over and would see him walking around every now and then. He is one big dude.

Not sure who the coach is now. We moved away so I haven't been keeping up.

Here is the local joke, which makes sense only if you know that Iona is located directly on a street called North Avenue in beautiful New Rochelle, NY:

Q: What does "Iona" stand for? A: "Idiots On North Avenue," of course.

When we lived nearby we had little kids and our go-to babysitter was a girl from Iona named Tara. Piece of ass but dumb as a rock. So, in other words, perfect.

Deacons Illustrated @WakeRivals · 2m 2 minutes ago
Whoa. New starters for the Deacs. Darius Leonard, Mitchell Wilbekin and Cornelius Hudson joining Codi and Devin.

Well they'll definitely have a starting lineup with the ability to shoot outside semi-competently in contrast to the lack of outside shooting in the previous starting lineup.

Back