• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Budweiser Watered Down?

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
Thats an interesting question as all I have heard since InBev bought Anheiser-Busch back in 2008 is that they have fucked up the entire operation from cutting 1000's of workers to extending payables from net 30 days to net 120 days. Personally I don't drink Bud or any of the brands, but this is the kind of stuff that can really screw a brand.

http://theweek.com/article/index/240605/is-budweiser-watering-down-its-beer

How would you be able to tell?

I would wager people drink Budweiser because of marketing and not taste, but I'm a snob.

Hmm, yeah, what scientific evidence do these guys have? The article just says they've been drinking a lot of it :laugh:.

I have had a lot of Budweiser in my day, and if I found out they were watering it down, I'd be like, fuck that, and then I'd keep drinking it. Tasted pretty watered down before InBev bought them. Just a classic swilling beer.

I have had a lot of Budweiser in my day, and if I found out they were watering it down, I'd be like, fuck that, and then I'd keep drinking it. Tasted pretty watered down before InBev bought them. Just a classic swilling beer.

This the fuck right here. I buy it by the keg. Will continue to.

Shocking! InBev doesn't care about brand development in the least. Its entire business model is based upon aquisitions and cutting cost. Inbev's a beverage company run by accountants and not beer people. As long as it continues to grow in Latin America and China it couldn't give a fuck less about the American beer market. If you have the money to spend on decent food and drink, I can think of no reason to buy any of their main brands.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-10-25/the-plot-to-destroy-americas-beer

Last edited:
Not much beats an ice cold bud and a beautiful sunny day at the ballpark.

I knew before I clicked on this there would be any number of folks chiming in to say how bad AB products are. Too funny.

I have thought there was something amiss for awhile, but just chalked it up to my palate getting older. Even if not true, this is a brands most horrific nightmare.

BUD responds.. fuck yes

BEZbeXiCIAAEjjV.jpg:large

What bothers me with this is that the author of the article ignores the fact that it s legal to misrepresent alcohol content by 3 percent. For instance, the label could say that it is 13% alcohol content and it is actually 15%. It's fairly common.

Why does Bud get a pass when Makers Mark does not?

Because Maker's issued a press release stating they were planning to water down their product, while this whole Bud "story" is based on the claims of two idiots from Philly.

i am a huge beer snob like the rest of you tools, but sometimes nothing beats an ice cold budweiser

My parents have a friend who exclusively drinks Bud Light. He actually brings a cooler of Bud Light to social gatherings for himself. People have tried to have it on stock for him at their houses so that he doesn't have to bring the cooler, but he invariably brings it anyway. Recently my parents had a party and he just stuck his cooler out back in the snow and then wandered out onto the back porch whenever he needed another BL. Ohio is hilarious.

sometimes nothing beats an ice cold budweiser

+1

Has anyone had the new Bud Black Crown? My wife recently brought home a sixer for me to try. Got half-way through the first bottle before I realized that it tasted like I was drinking a day old flat coca cola. Bizarre.

What bothers me with this is that the author of the article ignores the fact that it s legal to misrepresent alcohol content by 3 percent. For instance, the label could say that it is 13% alcohol content and it is actually 15%. It's fairly common.

This is blatantly wrong. Per the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau:

"For malt beverages containing 0.5% or more alcohol by volume –
A tolerance of 0.3% above or below the alcohol content stated on the label
is permissible "

http://www.ttb.gov/beer/bam/chapter1.pdf

So your 5.0% ABV Bud can be between 4.7% and 5.3%

This is blatantly wrong. Per the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau:

"For malt beverages containing 0.5% or more alcohol by volume –
A tolerance of 0.3% above or below the alcohol content stated on the label
is permissible "

http://www.ttb.gov/beer/bam/chapter1.pdf

So your 5.0% ABV Bud can be between 4.7% and 5.3%

Not within NC. I have to deal with these laws daily. They are allowed 3 points and the wineries in nc use it to their benefit.

Back