• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is he fired yet?

maybe he will retire. why fuck up your legacy. danny and miracles in 88. nba all star. just stop

Please fire this guy. He doesn't deserve another penny to be a head coach.
Hard to believe he'll walk away having "earned" over $10 million of Wake's money when he's fired.

Last edited:
Hard to believe he'll walk away from Wake with over $10 million of Wake's money when he's fired.

Wake stands to lose more than $10 million if he stays. How much does it cost to rebuild an ACC basketball program if you have zero fans attend games, give tickets away just to get attendance, spend money recruiting players who can't win and don't want to be here, and lastly alienate all alumni donors who enjoy basketball?

It’s unbelievable and embarrassing to me that former coaches are taking shots at Wake’s program. Just today Odom was calling into question the the preparedness of a team that had committed a baker’s dozen turnovers at the half and forecasted a very brief visit to Brooklyn for the hapless Deacs. Given Dino’s past comments during the previous coach’s overstay, Wellman can’t sensibly demonstrate any further satisfaction with the state of the program. Many of us an hour and a half down the road still mindlessly buy tickets but quit going to games in WS eight years ago. I’ll probably age out of being interested in attending future games before the program is sound again.

Have been a deac a long time. After watching the first ten minutes of some of the worst basketball I've ever seen(both teams), I did something constructive and took a nap. Can't remember being this disinterested.

"The only thing worse than losing, is becoming apathetic to it" I believe a lot of Wake fans can fit in this category

The best thing about this year's team is that they never gave us a chance to get our hopes up before crushing them. So, there's that.

That's true. After starting 1-4 against the likes of Liberty, the season was effectively over.

"The only thing worse than losing, is becoming apathetic to it" I believe a lot of Wake fans can fit in this category

Yup. It used to take a lot for me to miss games. I mean what other ACC program has been this bad the last 8 years? Boston College? I just can't wrap my mind around the state of the program. Fuckin A burn the son of a bitch down and start over, what will it hurt?

Back