• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is it possible to watch college football on Ipad?

bigdeac

Reaction score
Would like to keep up with some other games from the parking lot. It seems like you can not get espn3.com on an ipad. Is this true? Anyone have any suggestions?

Yes. Download watchespn app or TWC has a live tv app. Question is, will you have a wifi connection?

I will be in the blue lot, and do not think I will have wifi

I mean, there's the Watch ESPN app that carries all ESPN3 broadcasts. I'm not sure of the wifi situation at Groves/lots (anyone know?) but it sounds like you have a wireless card.

The only other issue with Watch ESPN is, I believe, the fact that you need to be a subscriber of ESPN via one of their carriers that carries ESPN3. Time Warner (my carrier), for example, was one of the latest to the party. But yeah, I watch ESPN3 via the Watch ESPN app all the time. Check that, my kid watches Barca matches all the time. I choose to watch TV on my TV.

Anyone know if Wake provides wi-fi at BB&T like they do on campus (with guest access)?

I watched the entire syracuse game on WatchEspn on 3g; the quality was amazingly good.

ETA: I know you're talking about your ipad, but check your phone's data plan and capabilities... you may be able to tether a 3g signal over wifi if you have the wifi-only ipad and no wifi signal.

Last edited:
Wrong...could watch Syracuse game on mine

Through an app it appears. I was speaking to ESPN3.com which is what the poster asked about. Don't have an Apple product so have no idea of the existence of an app for doing things that Flash would allow otherwise.

Speaking of ways to stream today's game, would any Deac out there mind posting their login info for ESPN3? Or perhaps PM it to me? I just moved to NYC and receive cable from one of the remaining providers that does not stream ESPN3. And yea, I actually think we're going to win today; would hate to miss it.

Kid,

If you get a free at&t email address, you can log in on ESPN3 as an AT&T user and watch.

I have Watch ESPN but don't subscribe to a TV provider that will allow me access.

Anyone have Bright House, TWC, Verizon Broadband, or FiOS TV that wants to share a password?

Back