• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is It Time To Let Moviegoers Text Freely During Films?

Your PHD is not in science then? The beauty of a fine movie theater is the screen which is best viewed in darkness. Little dots of light in the periphery or in front of you will affect that. Maybe you haven't noticed because most people don't do it. I see it maybe 1 out of 5 movies.

Your PHD is not in science then? The beauty of a fine movie theater is the screen which is best viewed in darkness. Little dots of light in the periphery or in front of you will affect that. Maybe you haven't noticed because most people don't do it. I see it maybe 1 out of 5 movies.

Then you must not have passed elementary school math because 1 out of 5 isn't a big deal.

Interesting stance, considering the premise of the article is CHANGING THE RULES TO MAKE IT ALLOWED AND THUS 1/5 WOULD GROW TO ALL OF THE TIME

People are complaining about how it is now.

I didn't realize how many people don't just look at the screen when they go to the movies. I never remember being distracted by somebody texting because I wasn't watching people, I was watching the movie. If people in front of you bother you, sit closer.

Do you really think this is a bother because people are watching other movie goers? For real? There's this thing called peripheral vision. Check it out.

Do you really think this is a bother because people are watching other movie goers? For real? There's this thing called peripheral vision. Check it out.

Either you struggle with focus or you go to theaters with smaller screens.

I hate people talking more than pulling out their phones but it can be very distracting if they are sitting infront of you. I wonder if events that are "cell phone free" will gain any traction. I would love to go to a music festival or another fun event where people left their phones at home.

Either you struggle with focus or you go to theaters with smaller screens.

Are you maybe less sensitive to light pollution? I'm sure it's different for everyone but you seem like you're being particularly obstinate about this one. Is it that wild and crazy to you that people might be annoyed/distracted by lights in what is supposed to be a dark theater?

Are you maybe less sensitive to light pollution? I'm sure it's different for everyone but you seem like you're being particularly obstinate about this one. Is it that wild and crazy to you that people might be annoyed/distracted by lights in what is supposed to be a dark theater?

yes. some people get annoyed too easily and those people also tend to gravitate towards messageboards.

Granted I hate this thread because before something that didn't bother me at all now is going to bother me because I'm going to notice and then I'm going to be bothered by the time that I'm noticing and thinking about this thread instead of watching the movie.

yes. some people get annoyed too easily and those people also tend to gravitate towards messageboards.

I agree that some people get annoyed too easily but I don't think that this is one of those situations. It's supposed to be dark in there!

I can't sleep when there are little bits of light in the room. I'd rather the lights be on completely than a too bright alarm clock or even worse a little button that lights up when something is on. In college I always forgot to turn off my laptop speakers and the light would annoy the crap out of me until I taped something over it.

I think you're answering your own question, AWAR. The huge light coming from the movie occupies my attention way more than the little lights in the crowd.

Oh man - reality check - I'm having a conversation with guys about them having one track minds/tunnel vision?

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-8918.jpg

I think this thread is just unleashing a lot of anger towards these totally coddled pussies that need to grow up.

I can't sleep when there are little bits of light in the room. I'd rather the lights be on completely than a too bright alarm clock or even worse a little button that lights up when something is on. In college I always forgot to turn off my laptop speakers and the light would annoy the crap out of me until I taped something over it.

Yeah, as ph is saying, if you're putting tape over lights on laptops then the issue ain't the teenagers.

Back