• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is looking at the box while doing a puzzle cheating?

Rules for puzzles?

• Yes

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • No

Votes: 52 86.7%
  • The fuck? Puzzles? What am I, 8?

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters
And spray your white puzzle pieces all over it.

If this is just a thread to brag that townie doesn't look at the box, it'd be the most townie'ish thread ever.

Nah, wife claimed it's "cheating" to look at the box. I thought it was about the most absurd thing I'd ever heard. These poll results didn't sway her thinking.

Nah, wife claimed it's "cheating" to look at the box. I thought it was about the most absurd thing I'd ever heard. These poll results didn't sway her thinking.

I would even argue that finding a piece and not knowing what it is and then searching the box to find out where it belongs may be the most fun part of puzzling.

Maybe one day she'll let you leave the lights on.

Don't forget to look at what's on the back of the box. Sometimes the solution to the puzzle is there!

I would even argue that finding a piece and not knowing what it is and then searching the box to find out where it belongs may be the most fun part of puzzling.

Yeah I actually don't even know what you do otherwise. Put it down until you miraculously build out the puzzle and find where it goes?

How does she do puzzles- sort by similar colors?

Yeah I actually don't even know what you do otherwise. Put it down until you miraculously build out the puzzle and find where it goes?

How does she do puzzles- sort by similar colors?

the obvious strategies everyone knows i guess, yea

start with edges, sort by colors, go from there

i spend all day looking at that box

Back