• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Noel good to go for Saturday?

dagreekdeac

Reaction score
I think having him back in the secondary is an enormous deal... With the way AJ is playing, the two combined can be a game changer. Really hope he's 100% and couldn't find anything on the wake sports site.

"The Deacons emerged from the Liberty game somewhat bruised and battered, with cornerback Bud Noel (pulled hamstring) sidelined. Wide receiver Campanaro (sprained ankle), running back Josh Harris (concussion) and wide receiver Sherman Ragland III (compound fracture of pinky finger) all missed stretches of the game while injured.

Also, defensive end Zach Thompson missed Monday's practice recovering from an eye injury suffered against Liberty.

Grobe said he expects all to play Saturday."

http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2012/sep/05/wssport01-grobe-deacons-need-to-improve-ar-2577855/

I didn't even realize that Sherman got hurt. Hope this doesn't hold him back.

Doesn't a compound fracture mean the bone was sticking through the skin? If so that's really gross.

We are putting all our eggs into the UNC basket. WR with broken fingers - guess that is normal. Can't drop more than last week, I suppose.

Noel will be a major boost, both to pass D and tackling....can't wait to see him on the field.

I suppose Harris is good to go? Not sure if it matters, if Wake can't block Liberty.

"The Deacons emerged from the Liberty game somewhat bruised and battered, with cornerback Bud Noel (pulled hamstring) sidelined. Wide receiver Campanaro (sprained ankle), running back Josh Harris (concussion) and wide receiver Sherman Ragland III (compound fracture of pinky finger) all missed stretches of the game while injured.

Also, defensive end Zach Thompson missed Monday's practice recovering from an eye injury suffered against Liberty.

Grobe said he expects all to play Saturday."

http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2012/sep/05/wssport01-grobe-deacons-need-to-improve-ar-2577855/

I suppose Harris is good to go? Not sure if it matters, if Wake can't block Liberty.

^^

Doesn't a compound fracture mean the bone was sticking through the skin? If so that's really gross.

I noticed Ragland was on the sideline with about five different trainers looking at his hand at the same time. Couldn't tell what it was from there, but thought that it was interesting that so many of them were involved.

Glad to see all will be back... should be a big boost.

Phys -

I didn't even realize that Sherman got hurt. Hope this doesn't hold him back.

How can a compound fracture to ANY finger be good to go 6 days later ?

Won't that finger be wrapped in a splint ? How can he be near even 50% in catching a football ?

My guess is Ragland is OUT for UNC....and James IN.

Phys -

Won't that finger be wrapped in a splint ? How can he be near even 50% in catching a football ?

Not that it might make any difference, but it was a compound dislocation, not a fracture. I suppose they can stabilize such a thing with splints and tape, but how does that affect his ability to catch the ball?

Not that it might make any difference, but it was a compound dislocation, not a fracture. I suppose they can stabilize such a thing with splints and tape, but how does that affect his ability to catch the ball?

Dislocated fingers happen alot more than you think to WRs (Brett Favre broke/dislocated alot of his guys fingers). Also with blocking. Shermans was a little more serious than your average dislocated finger which is why he sat out a few series. However, he and plenty of WRs play through them.

Subconsciously it might cause him to make more "body catches" than his hands which is frowned on but if you catch it, you catch. Regardless of his finger, his speed and play making ability will still "play" and will affect the game (deep threat, decoy)

Compound dislocation- Pretty sure that means the skin of the finger was broken and the dislocated joint was exposed...same as a compound fracture. He could possibly play Saturday...depends on how tender/sore it is, which finger, which hand, etc. If he plays, they'll have his finger splinted and wrapped like a cast.

Phys -

They said they popped it back in and sewed it up and he was good to go he played after it happened he is good

Back