• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is QB position changing in the NFL?

Vick can pass. Cam can pass.

I never said they couldn't pass. That's why I made the Elway reference. My point was about the QB position changing because of these guys, which is nonsense because there have been mobile passing QBs in the past and running QBs yet the position has been pretty much the same for the last 30 years.

These "gimmick" offenses exist because the Panthers staff had a matter of weeks of working with Cam to develop an offense and the Broncos staff had to cobble something together during the season. I doubt DCs will catch up that soon. Plus talent is just talent. SEC DCs aren't chump change and they couldn't stop the same Urban Tebow crap over and over.

Whoever gets RGIII will have from April to August to develop something for him and he may not even have to start right away.

And the posters who implied running QBs can't win championships must be blinded by race and forgetting Steve Young and John Elway.

From the above link, I forgot about this:

Sign me up.

Last edited:
These "gimmick" offenses exist because the Panthers staff had a matter of weeks of working with Cam to develop an offense and the Broncos staff had to cobble something together during the season. I doubt DCs will catch up that soon. Plus talent is just talent. SEC DCs aren't chump change and they couldn't stop the same Urban Tebow crap over and over.

Whoever gets RGIII will have from April to August to develop something for him and he may not even have to start right away.

And the posters who implied running QBs can't win championships must be blinded by race and forgetting Steve Young and John Elway.

From the above link, I forgot about this:

Sign me up.

Any chance you could do a sociology study on Cam and public perception?

Back