• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is there a football game tomorrow? ESPN picked this as the upset of the week....

delterp

Reaction score
any thoughts? from a md fan perspective, much reason for the kids to be ready and not overlooking this game. Bowl eligible is on the line and for most of these kids, 2 years of losing was tough. CJ is back and that will help the offense. For the most part, our offense is healthy but the D is a bit banged up. Down our top 2 cb's since the 2nd game and now down our SAM lb (both starter and 2nd are out for this game). Should see 2 true freshmen lb's get significant run Saturday. Both highly recruited but still true freshmen. Camp did not play last year and he's the real deal. Should come down to turnovers...

you_have_aids.jpg

It's a shame that we're in a position where it would be considered an upset to beat, at home, an unranked team coming off a 63-0 loss. That really shouldn't be the case.

But, yeah, I think we will win. Not a 90% or anything on it, but still think we're more likely to win than lose.

lol @ ESPN picking this as an "upset". MD is freaking terrible and exhibit A why the bowl system is a joke. There are probably 10 1AA teams that would give MD a run for their money yet they will most likely play in a bowl game.

It's always a toss up when a QB returns from injury. Sometimes they are great. Sometimes rusty.

Wake is a mixed bag from week to week. We shall see. I bet MD wants to take out the 63-0 frustrations on someone.

I bet MD wants to take out the 63-0 frustrations on someone.

They have played a game since then and gave up 500 yards to an offensively deficient UVa team -- so I think that game hurt more than it provided helpful motivation

Neither team is worth a damn. Maryland by 10. I will not miss seeing them at Groves.

Hopefully, Lobo will not have a lamebrain idea to try the option one last time. He will be tempted if MD's LBs are all banged up.

Back