• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is there a thread about Melissa Harris-Perry?

Yeah, she's one of our few famous alums who doesn't play basketball or golf.

Who are our famous non-athlete lady alums? I can't think of any more famous than Harris-Perry.

Last edited:
well, when your employer asks you for comment on proposed changes, you could speak directly to your employer

or you could go to Twitter

She once made an inappropriate, on-air comment about Mitt Romney's adopted black grandson.

Not saying that's typical of her as I don't know. However, it definitely increased her notoriety.

She also pitched a(n online) fit when her MSNBC show was pre-empted for presidential election coverage. That led to her being fired.

I suspect her classes are interesting, though.

well, when your employer asks you for comment on proposed changes, you could speak directly to your employer

or you could go to Twitter

How do you know she didn't go to her employer?

I think it's cold on that beach in the journalnow picture

When you google "famous Wake Forest alums," Melissa Harris-Perry shows up on the first page after Duncan, Paul, Palmer, and Burr and right before Muggsy. You have to scroll two more pages (9 per page) to get to Donna Edwards, former House rep from MD4. She's listed between Piccolo and Bill Haas.

Then a few more pages is Carol Barbee, a TV actress, writer, and producer. She's listed between Arvind Swamy, an Indian actor who got his MBA at Wake, and Loren Woods. It's a loose definition of alum.

So out of the top 40 or so alums according to Google, only 3 are women, none are athletes. I'd think Laura Diaz would have made that list at least.

What about that lady who ran for Governor of Florida and lost to a bald halfwit ? Didn't she go to Wake ?

What about that lady who ran for Governor of Florida and lost to a bald halfwit ? Didn't she go to Wake ?

Alex Sink.

Didn't know Hagan was an alum.

Back