• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is there something to this "change in chemistry"?

yes.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0147e387fcba970b-800wi

i'd posrep but it says i have to spread some around.

The team SHOULD have a bit more chemistry since they lost some players who didn't want to be here and are pretty young overall, playing largely just with each other at this level. But reading anything into body language is silly when you play Butthump U and Buttfuck State. Any team is going to have some swagger against that competition. How they react after a couple of losses will tell us more than how they look against a couple of scrubs.

my question is are we ever going to get a big decent center ever again to play for us? We have not had one since Eric Williams

Without JT, Ari, and Ty on the floor, the number of throw-my-remote-through-the-tv-screen plays has been reduced by about 90%.

If that's what we mean by chemistry, then yes the change is obvious.

Georgia Southern would have run a track meet of layup drills on us last year's team.

The team does seem to give off a vibe that the players don't all hate each other or their coach, which is nice.

Without JT, Ari, and Ty on the floor, the number of throw-my-remote-through-the-tv-screen plays has been reduced by about 90%.

Well put. Definitely less cussing coming from my way so far this season.

Well put. Definitely less cussing coming from my way so far this season.

It helps having 2 guys who can bring the ball up the court, vs 1 who can't. Now if we could just teach Nikita how to dribble up the court in transition we'd be sailing.

It helps having 2 guys who can bring the ball up the court, vs 1 who can't. Now if we could just teach Nikita how to dribble up the court in transition we'd be sailing.

Ha. Watching Nikita try to dribble, then eating it awkwardly face first while kicking the ball out of bounds in transition - that was definitely a throwback to last year.

I love his level of effort, but the difference in this team being bad and being decent is probably his spot in the starting lineup. CJ and McKie are solid, Carson's a nice finesse forward, and TC/Fields at point are serviceable. Fischer is a good 6th man... But Nikita is just a turnover waiting to happen on offense and a 3 point play waiting to happen on defense. When he has to play legit forwards we are going to be sooooo fucked.

The question will be whether we are fucked enough to try to use Ty Walker when he's eligible again...

Not to be Debbie Downer or anything, but the challenge will be to maintain this newfound chemistry after the team has experienced a number of successive losses (and several inevitable bad losses.) Doesn't surprise me to see youthful optimism and positive interaction among the players at this stage of the game.

I actually think Loyola will prove to be a decent win. No doubt GSU is terrible but they did return 4 starters from last year.

Loyala is usually one of the worst teams in one of the worst mid major conferences in the coutry......And I go to a lot of MAAC games because of where I live....

Yes, lots of youth and immaturity combined with a new coach resulted in a chemistry disaster last year.

Loyala is usually one of the worst teams in one of the worst mid major conferences in the coutry......And I go to a lot of MAAC games because of where I live....

The speculating about teams is a huge waste of time. Loyola and GA Southern may end up being terrible. They may not. Loyola just beat Coppin State by 10, I remember watching those guys make a run at UCONN last year when they were like top 5. I mean, who the hell knows right now.

Either way I feel like people forget this is basketball, not football. GA Southern went on a little run at one point and hit some contested 3's and got a couple lucky bounces for some open shots and loss by 9 instead of 18. Bad teams play good teams close all the time. Makes a lot more sense right now just to see if we're playing the game better than we were last year.

Last edited:

Historically, yes. But under Patsos, my impression is that they have been somewhere around 3-6 in their conference in recent years. They aren't a good team, but I don't think they're a tremendously awful team.

Historically, yes. But under Patsos, my impression is that they have been somewhere around 3-6 in their conference in recent years. They aren't a good team, but I don't think they're a tremendously awful team.

According to KenPom (final rankings)--MAAC ranking since Patsos took over (out of 10 teams in the MAAC)

2012- 3rd (currently)
2011- 6th
2010- 9th
2009- 8th
2008- 5th
2007- 4th
2006- 6th
2005- 10th

Back