• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ish, now a Sixer, leads the way!

Agreed, but he will have several good games in a row and then go 1-9 or 4-15 that really hurt the averages. I keep hoping the games will level out. But he is the best point guard they have had in awhile. I know that's not raising the bar very high.

I had him on both of my fantasy teams. He had more than a handful of awful games. It's fine. Somebody has to take shots on a team as bad as the Sixers. I doubt he'll ever see this many possessions or have this much autonomy as a lead guard again, though.

The most impressive part of Ish's breakout season, IMO, has been the fact that he doesn't really turn the ball over that much relative to his peers and despite playing for a truly untalented basketball team.

If I hated Ish like some of you then I'd point out that he's in the bottom 20 of qualified players in true shooting percentage but I love Ish so I won't.

So what's the sixers record with and with out him now?

I think Ish's bad games could be mostly remedied by playing 18-20 minutes a game as a backup for a good team rather than 35 minutes for a shitty one.

That said, Ish has not only had mostly great stats all year, he's also had some amazing last 5 minute games where he has led the 76ers back to almost win games they were down by 10-15 points. He's won 2 or 3 of those games too. He's a full throttle guy, which is why he'll stick around for 5 or 6 more years. He's Leandro Barbarso for some team down the road. Albeit one without a 3-point shot most likely.

Back