• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ish Smith leads the Sixers

MikeDeac

Reaction score
Ish had 23 points and 6 assists and was their leader in both. They lost but he started there for the first time. Go Ish!

He's played well since getting picked up by the Sixers. Averaging about 11 points and 5.5 assists in nine games. He still isn't a great shooter and had some trouble guarding Aaron Brooks last night. But his speed and court vision are certainly NBA-caliber, and hopefully he's using this as an audition for a more permanent gig after being on eight teams over his five seasons in the NBA.

Always loved Ish at Wake, glad to see him finally get some minutes to show his abilities.

sadly, the sixers will drop him for picks at the first opportunity they get and he'll never see this kind of time again

still, he's making the most of the opportunity - going to see him friday against the kings

You think someone will give a pick, for ish?

All the sixer groups I'm a part of keep hastaging things like #ishshouldstart.

Pretty fun to watch. Unfortunately, with them likely drafting a PG, signing one in FA, and the return of Tony Wroten, his days as a sixer likely end after this season. Plus, Ish is playing too well, can't have that.

He's saying he will be cut to sign some of the 19 2nd round picks they have over the next few years.

Going to be a millionaire at least 5 times over after it's all said and done.

Such a great story - will always be one of my favorite Deacs.

Ish is a FA after the season and the trade deadline is passed so he can't be traded by Philly no matter what.

Hopefully he's showing enough where he can grab a 3rd PG slot somewhere in the league next year, which would be great for Ish.

I jumped the gun after a few rough outings after the Sixers signed him up, but he has been limiting his turnovers and playing within himself.

Yea...not to sound harsh, he is still Ish. He gets hung up in the lane waaay too often, his shot is not there and he's worthless on defense. But, he's fun to watch, he's getting people involved all over the floor and like you said, he's been playing within himself.

21 shots last night made me chuckle, but whatever. Go Ish Go...I think he is clearly working his way onto a team next year.

I'm not sure a more likable person has ever played any sport for Wake Forest than Ish Smith. That much is undeniable.

This thread needs to be an Ish Smith NBA Pension Watch. Needs 3 seasons of service time, I think. He must be close!

I'm not sure a more likable person has ever played any sport for Wake Forest than Ish Smith. That much is undeniable.

I've watched him live for most of his games. His demeanor is greatful, humble, coachable. He literally looks like "Coach, I am going to help you however you need me to" I absolutely love this kid. And, big smiles come out when someone says .. What's the deal with this guy? Where did he go to school?... Well, I'm glad you asked......

I've watched him live for most of his games. His demeanor is greatful, humble, coachable. He literally looks like "Coach, I am going to help you however you need me to" I absolutely love this kid. And, big smiles come out when someone says .. What's the deal with this guy? Where did he go to school?... Well, I'm glad you asked......

Considering that 76ers games are offered for next to nothing I should be able to make my way to a game or two just to see him play before the season is over.

There's a certain poster I will leave unnamed, that once wore an Ish Smith WFU Jersey to a game, got 2 waves outta Ish for it, and managed to miss both of them

Back