• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ish Waived - Update -Picked up by Warriors

I'm still not sure why the Rockets got rid of him, he was playing pretty well for them.
I know he wasn't traded for cap room so I think they had to for the numbers - they got Hasheem Thabeet & DeMarre Carroll from Memphis in exchange for Shane Battier and Smith. They had dealt Aaron Brooks for Goran Dragic earlier in the week (this was coming up on the trade deadline) so they probably didn't feel a need or want to keep Ish if they were getting a youngish PG that wasn't a head case and dealing one out (that was a head case). Also, IIRC, Ish had been doing well but I think Adleman kept him on an ever shortening leash and he had a little bit of slop that probably didn't endear him to Adleman. If he didn't get the reserve job from Brooks after the walk-off / suspension (and I believed w/ very few exceptions, he was playing on par w/ Brooks), then he simply wasn't going to get it (and certainly not over Dragic).

Isnt Mark Jackson the coach of the Warriors now? I recall him being very impressed with Ish in the game at Carolina in 2010.

Last edited:
I curse any team that cuts Ish. I hope the grizzlies and rockets lose every game! The NBA doesn't give me much to cheer for but I will happily pull against a team that doesn't do right by my fellow baller. Holla Ish!

Suck it Grizzlies!

By the way will the bob cats be in Charlotte much longer. What do they average 4 thousand a game?

If you need a point to score, forget about it. If you need a guy to push the tempo to a ridiculous level and find scorers then Ish is your guy. He just has to find the right team. He can play.

Isnt Mark Jackson the coach of the Warriors now? I recall him being very impressed with Ish in the game at Carolina in 2010.

good call. jackson said that ish was a "can't miss" prospect at the next level. ish was playing balls out that night.

I curse any team that cuts Ish. I hope the grizzlies and rockets lose every game! The NBA doesn't give me much to cheer for but I will happily pull against a team that doesn't do right by my fellow baller. Holla Ish!

Suck it Grizzlies!

By the way will the bob cats be in Charlotte much longer. What do they average 4 thousand a game?

As far as I am concerned, Ish was the only reason to watch, much less cheer for, the Rockets. Screw 'em. Ish will get picked up somewhere, and it might be a serious upgrade for him.

Perhaps he's now a Warrior:

"The Warriors have picked up point guard Ish Smith, who was waived this week by Memphis."

from Rusty Simmons
@Rusty_SFChron

I don't think it should be deleted bc it is pertinent info to wfu and the casual observer might not click on the NBA thread.

Yeah I could care less about the NBA other than a) watching the last few minutes of playoff games and b) hoping Wake grads do well

Looks like it's a done deal: http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/201...mpaign=Feed:+HoopJunkie+(Inside+the+Warriors)

"The Warriors’ bid for point guard Ish Smith was successful. Golden State claimed him off waivers Friday as it learned minutes ago they were awarded his rights.

Smith gives the Warriors a third point guard. He is little (6-feet, 175 pounds) and super fast. He’s averaged 10.3 minutes in 43 career games, most of them with Houston. He was waived by Memphis on Wednesday. The Warriors want Smith to help Stephen Curry. Chasing the speedy Smith around every day will be a challenge for Curry, one that figures to help him defensively."

The Warriors are a great fit for Ish. Suck that they have to lose to my Clips several times next season.

Back