• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

Probs something like "stop killing us and let's trade hostages. Maybe give us some food and clean water. Maybe a gatorade bottle to pee in."

The Hamas terms, from how i’ve seen them interpreted, basically equate to ending the war, Israel paying to rebuild Gaza, and releasing thousands of Palestinian captives, many of whom are adult males that Israel has labeled terrorists or enemy combatants.

Last edited:
So leading with kindness and compassion. Seems weird for such religious peeps.

To be clear, according to reports, Netanyahu hasn't just rejected Hamas proposals, but also deals worked on by his own military + intelligence.

And to repeat, Netanyahu has a person conflict of interest here, as the end of the war could also lead to the end of his political career, which would make it harder to hold off all the corruption charges.

So was there some social issue the Israeli populace was at odds with with regards to his challenger that forced them to not vote or something that has kept him in power ?

Why is all of Israel getting a pass here and all of the blame is bing dumped on the PM.

(YES, I understand how a PM is elected !)

Last edited:
So was there some social issue the Israeli populace was at odds with with regards to his challenger that forced them to not vote or something that has kept him in power ?

Why is all of Israel getting a pass here and all of the blame is bing dumped on the PM.

(YES, I understand how a PM is elected !)
not going to comment on “Israel getting a pass” but as it regards nationalism, militarism, foreign policy, and civil rights for Muslims, Israel as a voting populace is far right. Any government they install and any potential PM is also going to be far right in regards to all those platforms. Bibi is unpopular for his extra-judicial power grab moves of trying to take power away from the Supreme Court.

not going to comment on “Israel getting a pass” but as it regards nationalism, militarism, foreign policy, and civil rights for Muslims, Israel as a voting populace is far right. Any government they install and any potential PM is also going to be far right in regards to all those platforms. Bibi is unpopular for his extra-judicial power grab moves of trying to take power away from the Supreme Court.

Ehhh idk about your claim about the population (iirc, it’s pretty similar to our electorate?), but the parliamentary system makes it easier for far right coalitions to take power.

Ehhh idk about your claim about the population (iirc, it’s pretty similar to our electorate?), but the parliamentary system makes it easier for far right coalitions to take power.
what I have learned about Israel is that the American left-right spectrum and culture isn’t really comparable. In many ways the culture of Israel is very liberal and European in comparison to America, but Israel is also very nationalist and aggressive in regards to defending themselves from the surrounding nations.

what I have learned about Israel is that the American left-right spectrum and culture isn’t really comparable. In many ways the culture of Israel is very liberal and European in comparison to America, but Israel is also very nationalist and aggressive in regards to defending themselves from the surrounding nations.

yeah, but that doesn't mean its far right

it's a pretty liberal/cosmopolitan electorate that had coalesced in opposition to Netanyahu and the worst of the far right coalitions prior to 10/7

post-10/7 it's a similar effect that 9/11 had on American voters

In regards to regional conflicts and civil rights, we’ll have to agree to disagree. Ultranationalist sentiment has been extremely popular and become very powerful in Israel since the assassination of PM Rabin.

I'm certain I don't know as much about Israel's internal politics as MDMH. But it would be a bit surprising if he knew more about it that Strick.

People can disagree. We’re debating a difference of degrees.

“The fact that life in Israel was good despite the absence of peace meant there was little incentive to revive the process. Many Israelis felt they had nothing to gain from a resumption of negotiations. And since a peace process would almost surely revive the suicide bombings and political instability, they had plenty to lose.”

When war doesn’t hurt your quality of life you aren’t as likely to oppose it. Right wing culture has come to dominate Israel by far right Likud policy mostly preventing the plight of Palestinians from harming the quality of life of Israelis. They refer to this as “peace”.

Back