• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

it's such a tiny group that it's barely worth discussing

lumping in this very small group with people earnestly pushing Biden by not voting for him in the primary and collectively calling them clowns is no good, imo
there’s no room for discussion within that framework because it begins and ends at anti-Republican’ism. It’s a dead end. Every single thought and topic is interpreted with that lens. Not worth the effort of trying to have a discussion, they will derail and re-route every discussion on ideological, policy, news events. It’s a waste of time.

there’s no room for discussion within that framework because it begins and ends at anti-Republican’ism. It’s a dead end. Every single thought and topic is interpreted with that lens. Not worth the effort of trying to have a discussion, they will derail and re-route every discussion. Waste of time.
"they"

It's worth discussing because it matters in Michigan, for instance, and if the number of "uncommitted" voters in Michigan, including those who won't vote because of Gaza, is more than enough to give the state to Trump.
wow Biden better reconsider his political and financial support for Israel’s genocide then

wow Biden better reconsider his political and financial support for Israel’s genocide then
I'm sure he is. And these clowns should reconsider potentially holding the country hostage with the selfish risk of Trump/Netanyahu "finishing the job" and everything else a Trump presidency brings with it that they claim to be against, including the end of our democracy.

Haley would be more dangerous for Gaza than Trump IMO. Trump doesn't understand or respect diplomacy, so if anything, he'll cede diplomatic control-perhaps to countries that, for example, don't veto ceasefire resolutions in the UN.

While constructing an emergency pier is a nice gesture (I guess), from everything I've seen it'll take 30-60 days to complete and Israel will still be inspecting aid items before they can enter Gaza. Who's to say they don't slow that process down the same way they've done at the Rafah crossing?

While constructing an emergency pier is a nice gesture (I guess), from everything I've seen it'll take 30-60 days to complete and Israel will still be inspecting aid items before they can enter Gaza. Who's to say they don't slow that process down the same way they've done at the Rafah crossing?

the Allies built the mulberry pontoon harbors in like hours after the landings in Normandy

I'm sure he is. And these clowns should reconsider potentially holding the country hostage with the selfish risk of Trump/Netanyahu "finishing the job" and everything else a Trump presidency brings with it that they claim to be against, including the end of our democracy.

Many of “these clowns” have family connections to people living in Palestine and have been begging the Biden administration to listen to them for months. Just say that you think Palestinian-Americans, Arab Americans, and American Muslims are clowns. You’re so close.

And it seems like the protest vote is working. You can tell Biden’s people know they fucked up with their Gaza strategy and they’re now scrambling to fix it. And good for them.

At least they can acknowledge that no presidential race is more important than opposing genocide.

You do realize that “the job” is almost “finished” anyway and largely because of the cowardice of the US Government, right?

Some of y’all are way too educated to be this ignant

voters putting pressure on Biden over Gaza aren’t likely to respond positively to ‘well Trump is the alternative so deal with it.’ I think they already knew that

Perhaps some concrete actions before November?

From my research the Biden admin hasn’t changed their stance on the war on Gaza, the details and context of their messaging has remained consistent since late 2023, the only major difference is they’ve started using the term “cease fire” where they previously were using the term “pause”. The major difference being that ceasefire’s generally involve negotiating peace treaties. The IDF has made clear they won’t negotiate a peace treaty with Hamas. The dedication to completely destroying Hamas means there will not be a negotiated end to the campaign.

Last edited:
Seems like we're in the same place we were 6 months ago. Once Hamas returns the hostages Isreal will lose their leverage and pressure will force them to the table.

Back