• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

to me,

1. in actual real life I have a hard time believing anyone with Israel/IDF will ever be tried for war crimes

2. the way they are currently carrying out war against Hamas has resulted in 30k deaths, half of which are children -- the collateral damage it too high for me to think it is okay to continue -- this doesn't even begin to account for injuries, destroyed homes, displacement of people, and so on

3. My intuition is that Israel is using this moment to do more than just pursue Hamas -- I think the leadership has designs on taking over all of Palestine as Israeli land

the controversy is in the method, which is scorched earth

I honestly have not heard anything about Israel speaking to a strategy that does not involve displacing millions of people and killing thousands -- have you?

what is the tipping point in deaths that would change your support for letting Israel pursue Hamas and dealing with the consequences later (via international court or whatever)?
I think this is totally fair. As for the tipping point, I continue to believe that Israel can wage war without war crimes. That’s the line I would draw. And I am discouraged by much of what I’ve seen, especially as it relates to aid workers’ access to the region.

I continue to believe that Israel can wage war without war crimes.
This is where we leave each other, because all evidence shows otherwise. And not just the response to October, but to the way they’ve treated Palestinians for decades.

We can’t even get our own government to condition aid on Israel conformance with human rights.

I think this is totally fair. As for the tipping point, I continue to believe that Israel can wage war without war crimes. That’s the line I would draw. And I am discouraged by much of what I’ve seen, especially as it relates to aid workers’ access to the region.

They can, sure. They have made it very clear that they have no intention to do so. As the country that is supplying them with $$ and arms, what is our responsibility here?

Mr ceo as owner of one share in Raytheon we demand that you stop producing missiles and shit

Has anyone suggest taking the Raytheon executives to the Middle East to demonstrate a new missile? Then while there their convoy is ambushed and they are wounded by a missile used by the attackers—one of the company's own. They are then captured and imprisoned in a cave by a terrorist group but working together they are able to escape. When they return home after experiencing first hand the destruction they announce that the company will cease manufacturing weapons.

There's precedent for that scenario.

Has anyone suggest taking the Raytheon executives to the Middle East to demonstrate a new missile? Then while there their convoy is ambushed and they are wounded by a missile used by the attackers—one of the company's own. They are then captured and imprisoned in a cave by a terrorist group but working together they are able to escape. When they return home after experiencing first hand the destruction they announce that the company will cease manufacturing weapons.

…for the US government. Instead they’ll just make even cooler weapons for themselves and their best friend who (whoops) is a high ranking member of the US military.

But seriously they’d have better luck taking over a political party whose leadership will be dying out over the next 10-20 years.

Back