• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Invades Gaza

I don't understand the underlying rationale though. Palestine claims Jerusalem as its capital and so does Israel. It's unfair for Israel to give up their capital but not unfair for Palestine to have to?

Palestine doesn't exist. It's being created.

When Israel was created (most recently), there was no Palestine.

This will never happen.

The major reason Palestine doesn't exist is Western intervention and Israel's unwillingness to allow a Palestinian state.

You can't cite Palestine not existing as a reason for why the they can be permitted to give up their perceived capital when the major reason Palestine doesn't "exist" is Israel in the first place.

This will never happen.
How would you characterize pre-Vietnam War remains between Israel and the US? What do you think that would add to the conversation?

Israel will never give up it's part of Jerusalem nor should it ever be asked to do it.

If this is a demand for a peace treaty, it will never happen.

This will never happen.

So you would be good with this?

320px-UN_Palestine_Partition_Versions_1947.jpg

Resolution 181 recommended the creation of independent Arab and Jewish States and the Special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem.

This was before the State of Israel existed.

I have no clue what you are talking about.
It wasn't good. Israel as we know it now is a very recent construct. You present it as if it is a relationship as old as Israel itself, but it's not. That's my point.

This will never happen.

will or should?

My guess is that as the demographics of Western nations (mainly the U.S.) continue to shift support for Israel will decrease not increase.

Israel will never give up Jerusalem.

Jerusalem is far more important to the State of Israel than Washington is to the US. It's not even close. From the times of the Babylonian and Egyptian captivities through thousands of years and even through WWII, Jews have always said, "Next year in Jerusalem."

It will never even consider giving up the entire city.

So Israel isn't going to give up Jerusalem, a city claimed by three religions as a holy historic site and somehow Palestine is supposed to just accept this while their portion is given to the international community?

Yeah I wonder why Hamas and Palestine won't accept Israel's terms!!!

So Israel isn't going to give up Jerusalem, a city claimed by three religions as a holy historic site and somehow Palestine is supposed to just accept this while their portion is given to the international community?

Yeah I wonder why Hamas and Palestine won't accept Israel's terms!!!

Clearly Hamas and Palestine have no real interest in peace! DUH.

You just don't get it. Nor does it seem like you want to understand.

Israel is already giving up a lot. It's unthinkable to ask them to give up their soul.

Jerusalem is far more important to the State of Israel than Washington is to the US. It's not even close. From the times of the Babylonian and Egyptian captivities through thousands of years and even through WWII, Jews have always said, "Next year in Jerusalem."

You realize that there is a huge difference between next year in Jerusalem (the biblical homeland) and next year in Jerusalem (a city in the nation state of Israel)?

At some point Israel likely won't have a choice

The world would of been such a better place if Abraham had just told the voices in his head to fuck off

Israel is already giving up a lot. It's unthinkable to ask them to give up their soul.

i'm honestly curious, from your perspective what is Israel currently giving up?

What is Israel giving up?

Land that they illegally annexed 34 years ago? How is that unfair that they have to give that land back? They took it in contravention of international law - a fact recognized by literally almost every single country aside from America and then the UN.

Back