• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"It’s time for Walker to cut his Ty with Wake Forest"

He could play immediately at D3.

I think he can do the same at D2. Am I right?

At this point, I can not comprehend what is taking so long for the program to make an announcement about his status. Given everything that has transpired this summer it should not be a tough decision.

Biggest bust in ACC history I think is a stretch. I remember reading about his recruitment and the word on his game was that he was skinny, lacked great foot movement, needed offensive moves, needed more strength in rebounding, but could block shots like a machine. How far off was the scouting report?

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=1796585

So basically he was never developed, I think he will leave WFU with the exact same game he entered it with. I am not sure who to blame, the player or the coach, but still not sure I would call the kid the biggest bust of all time.

I always admired that he stuck with the commitment he gave to Skip.

Biggest bust in ACC history I think is a stretch. I remember reading about his recruitment and the word on his game was that he was skinny, lacked great foot movement, needed offensive moves, needed more strength in rebounding, but could block shots like a machine. How far off was the scouting report?

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=1796585

So basically he was never developed, I think he will leave WFU with the exact same game he entered it with. I am not sure who to blame, the player or the coach, but still not sure I would call the kid the biggest bust of all time.

I always admired that he stuck with the commitment he gave to Skip.

I dont get the same impression. Everything I read about his recruitment and playing was high on him.... this was no project player, but he turned into one. He panned out like a poor man's Phil Medlin, talent but no passion unlike Phil or Ralph who played hard but had a lot less talent...

So seems like a bust to me... give me a Phil Medlin or Ralph Kitley over Walker where at least they tried...

Last edited:
I dont get the same impression. Everything I read about his recruitment and playing was high on him.... this was no project player, but he turned into one. He panned out like a poor man's Phil Medlin, talent but no passion unlike Phil or Ralph who played hard but had a lot less talent...

So seems like a bust to me... give me a Phil Medlin or Ralph Kitley over Walker where at least they tried...

It's interesting because he was ranked pretty high but a lot of the agencies if you read the story on him it was that he was a good rebounder and shot-blocker but little about his offensive game that I recall reading. Maybe the argument some will have is that the 2008 class wasn't that strong so him being ranked high didn't mean much?

He never developed and some of that probably falls on the coaches but some of that also falls on Ty Walker.

95% of Ty's problems fall on Ty. He has amazing physical gifts, but doesn't have the mental toughness or drive to take advantage of them.

Biggest bust in ACC history? Just looking at Duke you can find a bunch of highly hyped guys K gave up on and buried, certainly Chris Burgess comes to mind, as does Joey Beard and Casey Sanders.

I'll also throw out the name of Curtis Hunter - the first "next Michael Jordan".

Ty certainly hasn't lived up to his hype, but I don't know he'd even make first or second team "biggest bust".

L. Woods was leaps and bounds better than ty while he was here. He was a headcase, but at least he was a decent basketball-playing headcase.

At this point, I can not comprehend what is taking so long for the program to make an announcement about his status. Given everything that has transpired this summer it should not be a tough decision.

Might be giving the players time to find a soft landing spot elsewhere.

Problem was he never hit potential, again where do you throw the blame?

His final evaluation according to Scout:

STRENGTHS
Defensive Presence
Shot-Blocker
Upside/Potential
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Post Play
Rebounding
Strength
Excellent looking prospect. Played JV as a freshman before being moved up later in the year. Went from size 16 to 18 shoes as a sophomore. Strong student. Strong athlete with excellent athletic ability and long range potential. Will block shots. As a junior, he made huge strides. Averaged 14 points, 6 boards and 5 blocks; big improvements from sophomore year and he's not done. Top prospect at the Carolina Challenge. Major defensive stud.

Back