• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

it is all falling into place

Mr.-Burns-Excellent-Reaction-Gif-On-The-Simpsons.gif

uhhh, i think we've got a way to go before everything has fallen into place...

Does Ron wait till tomorrow to start the full court press or show the complete and unconditional interest and call in a few hours ?

I think we will know by the end of the weekend if Smart wants Wake. If not then we have to move on Howland.

Does Ron wait till tomorrow to start the full court press or show the complete and unconditional interest and call in a few hours ?

Let him deal with the loss tonight and be there for his kids. Call tomorrow, congratulate him on another great season, commiserate with him over the loss and ask if a boatload of cash and a plane would help ease the blow.

I signed on solely to create this thread. You can do your thing here Shaka with better facilities and better athletes. Whatever you were ever to recruit at VCU was based off of your name alone. That is a commuter school. Imagine what you can accomplish in the ACC at a tobacco road big 4, with a legacy of success.

Let him deal with the loss tonight and be there for his kids. Call tomorrow, congratulate him on another great season, commiserate with him over the loss and ask if a boatload of blow, cash and a plane would help.
FIFY

I signed on solely to create this thread. You can do your thing here Shaka with better facilities and better athletes. Whatever you were ever to recruit at VCU was based off of your name alone. That is a commuter school. Imagine what you can accomplish in the ACC at a tobacco road big 4, with a legacy of success.

Amen to that. We have a lot of people on this board that think Shaka is waiting for UNC or Kentucky to come calling but there is a real shift in basketball happening and the best coaches in the country will be in the ACC next year and if you want to make a name for yourself you've got a golden opportunity here in Winston-Salem. Skip never thought he couldn't win against UNC and Duke. We need a guy with the same mindset. I think Shaka is that guy and I think he'll take the offer seriously.

A door to an opportunity has opened and nothing more. I'd like to be optimistic, but I honestly can't be after the last hire where we were promised a lot and got less than nothing. I see the argument for things "falling into place," but we know less about where this is going than the world does about the Malaysian 777.

If the big money and other logistical stuff has already been worked out and Wellman has those arrows in quiver in addition to the national folks Wellman consulted with giving positive feedback on Smart's interest level, then Wellman has a great chance to get a guy on the short list. I'm assuming the short list is Smart, Marshall, Howland, and apparently Jay Wright. If he misses on Smart, there's a great sell to other guys on the short list. With what VT did, I would think the long list has to be discarded. I'm not saying I wouldn't be content with a few names on the long list, but from what we've heard and been subjected to, How can Wellman's ego handle being bested by VT?

Buzz to VT changes everything. I don't know what Ron was thinking before that announcement but I think everyone on this board knows that in a pissing contest Ron Wellman isn't going to play second fiddle to VT without a real fight. This is where Ron's ego plays to our advantage. He's probably strumming through the rolodex as I type this.

Really its Calhoun pending to BC along with Buzz to VT that raises the urgency and price tag. The ACC is about to be insanely loaded.

Gotta go in big. "Hello, Coach Smart. This is Tim Duncan. I'd like to talk to you about becoming the head coach at Wake Forest University."

Followed up by: "Hey, Coach Smart. This is Chris Paul. Just wondering if you had any questions about Wake Forest."

Followed up by: *beep* *beep* *beep*

Buzz to VT changes everything. I don't know what Ron was thinking before that announcement but I think everyone on this board knows that in a pissing contest Ron Wellman isn't going to play second fiddle to VT without a real fight. This is where Ron's ego plays to our advantage. He's probably strumming through the rolodex as I type this.

lol rolodex, its so LOWF. Give that man a smart phone, President Hatch. He needs it.

Gotta go in big. "Hello, Coach Smart. This is Tim Duncan. I'd like to talk to you about becoming the head coach at Wake Forest University."

Followed up by: "Hey, Coach Smart. This is Chris Paul. Just wondering if you had any questions about Wake Forest."

Followed up by: *beep* *beep* *beep*

Preach it.

Back