• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It is difficult to imagine what these passengers experienced

stephen-stucker.jpg

lloyd-bridges-airplane-1-300x169.jpg

I started watching this series, but as much as I fly I figured I did not need to put any weird thoughts into my already limited brain.

I hope there was a priest on board to hots confessions and administer the last rites. Those folks really need some unction. Unfortunately they're probably a bunch of Shintoists. A thousand years in Purgatory should do them wonders,

Tenerife was two planes. I think he meant this was the worst "single" crash.

Grief. You said "worst single crash in aviation history".

Just because Tenerife was two planes doesnt mean it wasn't a single crash. Two planes, one crash.

Japan 123 was a single plane crash. One plane, one crash. If you wanted to say that it was the worst single plane crash in history, then you should have said that.

Still, you would probably be wrong. Over 2500 people lost their lives in the world trade center tower attached on 9/11. While that was two separate crashes (see how that works?) either crash likely caused more loss of life than Japan 123.

So, if you want to say that Japan 123 is the single plane crash with most passenger fatalaties, then you are probably correct.

Just because Tenerife was two planes doesnt mean it wasn't a single crash. Two planes, one crash.

Technically though, the Tenerife was two crashes. The plane crashed into the PanAm plane and a couple seconds later crashed into the ground.

eta, I say that only because after watching a short documentary on it yesterday, some official kept insisting it was two separate crashes, and explained the chances of the KLM flight continuing on after the initial impact. Which I'd have never watched if not for this thread.

Last edited:
The United flights on 9-11 are pretty awful to think about...

Technically though, the Tenerife was two crashes. The plane crashed into the PanAm plane and a couple seconds later crashed into the ground.

eta, I say that only because after watching a short documentary on it yesterday, some official kept insisting it was two separate crashes, and explained the chances of the KLM flight continuing on after the initial impact. Which I'd have never watched if not for this thread.

When two cars crash into each other, do you guys write up the report as one accident or two?

If one of the cars continues on after the initial impact and hits something else creating another mechanism of injury its documented as two separate incidents, both contained on the same report.

Crazy that many of the survivors on that plane died throughout the night as the Japanese wouldn't let the american forces, who had already located the crash, help with the rescue.

Crazy that many of the survivors on that plane died throughout the night as the Japanese wouldn't let the american forces, who had already located the crash, help with the rescue.

I wonder what the repercussions were for that serious misjudgment.

Back