• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It is with a heavy, pork filled, heart...

Nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

So what is causing this huge runup in the price of grains and whatnot. Investors speculating on commodities again pushing up prices since people are believing eventually there will be some global inflation or debasing of currencies or something?

So what is causing this huge runup in the price of grains and whatnot. Investors speculating on commodities again pushing up prices since people are believing eventually there will be some global inflation or debasing of currencies or something?

The droughts have killed the total output this year I think. (wrt to grains/corn at least)

Yea you add the drought to corn subsidies that mandate ethanol in gasoline, and there are corn shortages, and thus pig shortages. Less to do with the macroeconomics of speculation, I believe, though there are global food concerns this winter.

Nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

noooooooooooo-new.gif

Yea you add the drought to corn subsidies that mandate ethanol in gasoline, and there are corn shortages, and thus pig shortages. Less to do with the macroeconomics of speculation, I believe, though there are global food concerns this winter.

Thanks guys. And yet Las Vegas is getting record rains, Los Angeles is getting record heats, we're getting more severe tornados and hurricanes recently. Pretty sure the planet is kinda pulling a Milt and telling us to get out.

I bet people in NC will be fine. We might pay a little more, but we live in pig central.

That reminds me of when Sam Seigel and Vincent Kosuga cornered the onion futures market on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. The Onion Futures Act is one of the most reactionary laws passed in the last 60 years that still stands.

Don't we have a feral hog infestation problem? Just use them.

The real question is how this impacts production of the JBC or Baconator at Wendy's?

Back