• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It must be asked

Remember when we were undefeated and ranked #1 in the country? How long ago was that?

Remember when we were undefeated and ranked #1 in the country? How long ago was that?

A long time ago. And it lasted for about 24 hours as we lost 4 of our next 6, including getting manhandled at home while sleep walking to a mediocre VT team in our first game since becoming No 1. Then it all culminated in getting manhandled in the first round of the ACCT while sleepwalking, and getting humiliated in the NCAAT while, also sleepwalking and being completely unprepared to play. Except JJ did wake up in time to put some serious effort into that dunk in the final seconds, and even posed for the camera. Well done. I wish we had something, but I do not wish for Dino Gaudio. Does he have a coaching job yet?

So we replaced him with a coach who is trying to avoid his 7th consecutive sub 500 season.

So we replaced him with a coach who is trying to avoid his 7th consecutive sub 500 season.

It is possible to not want Dino nor Bzz as our head coach. It's not an "either or" but a "neither nor".

And the only time Bzzz has ever had tourney quality teams, they both lost to Wyoming in the 1st round of the MVC tournament as higher seeded teams.

It is possible to not want Dino nor Bzz as our head coach. It's not an "either or" but a "neither nor".

Exactly. At the same time, I am a little surprised at how decent we may be this year. CMM and Devin are REALLY stepping up like no one we've had in a while. Color me impressed with those two, and Travis is now our 3rd option. We can definitely do better than Buzz or Dino, especially with this group and the incoming freshmen next year. Sorry, but Dino is not HC material, and every AD in the country can't be wrong about that.....

Exactly. At the same time, I am a little surprised at how decent we may be this year. CMM and Devin are REALLY stepping up like no one we've had in a while. Color me impressed with those two, and Travis is now our 3rd option. We can definitely do better than Buzz or Dino, especially with this group and the incoming freshmen next year. Sorry, but Dino is not HC material, and every AD in the country can't be wrong about that.....

Agree..unfortunately Cavenaugh and Williams can't play. Cavenaugh is too slow and supposed to be an 'excellent shooter', Williams is supposed to be our Outside guy...not only did they miss, they weren't even close. Devin Thomas is awesome. We need a coach that can build an offense around him.

Better question. If we did go undefeated and won the national title, would our fan base embrace Buzz, or would we still want him gone?

Back