• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

IT NEVER FUCKING WORKS

Relative to most, I'm a card-carrying Lobo fan. But if you're not fed up with the history of failures we have produced on 3rd and 1 shotgun runs then I don't know what to tell you. In fact, when the play is run the next 2-3 times this season I think we should just call it The Abortion.

The funny thing is (or sad thing depending on how you view it) is that I knew exactly what you were referring to when I read the title of the thread.

LOL. Lobo is clearly playing chess to everyone else's tiddlywinks. Instead of kicking my dog every time this play is called I'll just imagine the nirvana we will all achieve once we witness the brilliant endgame he is planning.

You guys have concocted the greatest coping mechanism ever. When it is third and inches and we run the shotgun, delay draw, naieve defenses will continue to celebrate their supposed victory.

True Deacons fans will nod and exchange sly, knowing grins about the looming ecstasy of the time when Riley Skinner's grandson finally tucks that thing under, rolls right and hits Desmond Clark, III on an 84 yard streak to beat Notre Dame for the ACC title. The iconic image of Ricky Proehl IV pushing Lobo's, confetti-draped wheelchair onto the stage to accept the MVP trophy will surely be seered into the consciousnesses of our grandchildren. In fact, this was all carved into the Mayan calendar by the Knights Templars themselves long ago.

Instead of strangling the remote and cursing the dog the next time we call that play, I'm going to remember to relax and breathe: Soon, The Prophecy will be fulfilled. Or perhaps we're just supposed to suck. Whichever.

Last edited:
us switching to a soft zone D and giving up 9-10 yard cushion to WR after we go up 2 scores.....Never works

I can only surmise than Lobo keeps running this play so that one day in the future he will fake the handoff and throw deep for an easy TD. Maybe in the national championship game. It's Lobo's version of a long con. I'll certainly look forward to that.

lol

To echo a previous poster, it's truly amazing that I saw this thread title and knew exactly to what it refers. Never a doubt in my head that this had something to do with our delayed shotgun hand-offs on 3rd and short.

Later in the game we faked the hand off and Tanner went around the other end on 3rd and 2. I liked that playcall and it worked.

Not a huge fan of the straight hand off in short yardage situations out of the pistol or gun .

Not a huge fan of the straight hand off in short yardage situations out of the pistol or gun .

Do you know the difference in the time it takes to get the RB and ball to the mesh point in the pistol vs. under center? I don't, I'd be curious to find out.

I don't imagine pistol vs. under center matters much. Other teams seem to run out of the pistol just fine in short yardage.

I agree on the shotgun...not giving the RB the ability to get momentum going forward before the handoff is no good.

Back