• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It was only 3 years ago...

Those two clips and the UNC game in 2005 are the best games I have ever been to. It seems almost surreal how far we have fallen.

This came up during the Murray State loss the other night.

ESPN had a graphic showing the last remaining unbeatens in the last 5-6 years and how they fared in the NCAA Tournament...

Wake was the last unbeaten in 2008...and we were the only ones to lose in the first round if I remember correctly.

Back then we were embarrassed that we were losing in the first round...now the embarrassment is for other reasons.

So glad my daughter went to Wake from 2005 - 2009. Would hate it if she was there now. My neighbor across the street has a son who's a sophmore at Wake currently. Poor kid.

So glad my daughter went to Wake from 2005 - 2009. Would hate it if she was there now. My neighbor across the street has a son who's a sophmore at Wake currently. Poor kid.

It's still a great school. Just suffering through a rough time with the bball program.

It's still a great school. Just suffering through a rough time with the bball program.

Of course you are right. However, I think that it does take something away from the wake experience not having a decent basketball program. I don't know if it is me growing up in winston or what, but I always thought of going to the basketball games as a student to be kind of special. I know when I was a freshman they talked about wake basketball at one of the "traditions" events during orientation. Not sure if they still do that, because it has certainly been less of a tradition these last few years .

So, while basketball certainly isn't what going to wake forest is all about, it is, or at least used to be, a little piece of the puzzle that makes someone a wake grad.

Did that sign read "The Joel will always be Mr. Rogers's Neighborhood"?

Pretty ironic given the comparison in the other thread.

I believe this game was pretty soon after he broke his back. People were making signs and sending him pictures to cheer him up.

Of course you are right. However, I think that it does take something away from the wake experience not having a decent basketball program. I don't know if it is me growing up in winston or what, but I always thought of going to the basketball games as a student to be kind of special. I know when I was a freshman they talked about wake basketball at one of the "traditions" events during orientation. Not sure if they still do that, because it has certainly been less of a tradition these last few years .

So, while basketball certainly isn't what going to wake forest is all about, it is, or at least used to be, a little piece of the puzzle that makes someone a wake grad.

Well put, I see your point. I would love to go to a game and feel the energy that the LJVM had years ago.... I hope it's not lost.

Who was our coach 2 and 3 years ago? Maybe we should bring him back (you know, since the coach deserves all the blame/credit)?

How do people not get that no one is blaming [Redacted] for us not being at the top of the ACC? We're blaming him for us being at the bottom because we shouldn't be at the bottom.

Back