• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"It's a Process"

I'm trying to wean myself off of using it, but it's a sequence of interdependent and linked procedures which, at every stage, consume one or more resources (time, energy, machines, money) to convert inputs (data, material, parts, etc.) into outputs. These outputs then serve as inputs for the next stage until a known goal or end result is reached.

I have to use it a lot with patients who expect to get better and get all their strength and flexibility back immediately. But I try to find a different way to say it most days.

...I feel like in a few cases, this is an unavoidable phrase.
In related news, I'm tired of hearing "In these tough budget times/in these tough economic times..." yes, we all know governments are broke. calling it "tough budget times" just sounds silly.

on a going forward basis, i'm not using it anymore.

In these tough economic times, "it's a process" creates synergies that help us outkick our coverage.

I tried to get rid of it, but it really messed up my workflow.

I watched Office Space last night.

I bet if they made that movie today, it would feature a lot of this corporate lexicon.

Has anyone heard "triple bottom line" yet? That was new for me last week. Dude used it like five times in a minute.

Are we just kicking the can down the road here?

I watched Office Space last night.

I bet if they made that movie today, it would feature a lot of this corporate lexicon.

obvious.jpg

I got "I'll have to send that up the totem pole" like 15 times in a 5 minute conversation with a rep from a fund manager the other day. I was thinking, "maybe I should just talk to your boss."

I got "I'll have to send that up the totem pole" like 15 times in a 5 minute conversation with a rep from a fund manager the other day. I was thinking, "maybe I should just talk to your boss."

Here it's "send that up the flagpole and see who salutes" which just seems extraordinarily dorky.

Here it's "send that up the flagpole and see who salutes" which just seems extraordinarily dorky.

Are you sure that's not sexual harassment?

Back