• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

IT'S ABOUT THAT TIME...The official prediction thread

52-48 Romney in the popular vote? That would be a thing to see. No one would ever look at a poll again.

Rassmussen has it tied at 48 today...that's awesome news for Obama on an otherwise terrible news day for him.

Rassmussen has it tied at 48 today...that's awesome news for Obama on an otherwise terrible news day for him.

How is today a terrible news day?

It all comes down to the Alabama-LSU game. Historically, If Bama wins, the democrat always wins. If LSU wins, the republican always wins.

Now I'm expecting 85% of the tunnels to say "roll tide."

The election is much more closely tied to the last Redskins home game before the election. If the Skins beat Carolina on Sunday, Obama wins.

Unemployment didn't go down.

People lined up for gas and begging for help in NY/NJ.

Exactly how does Obama have anything to do with gas lines?

Obama supports gay marriage + hurricanes are the result of gays getting married = Sandy was Obama's fault.

Seriously though, it reeks of desperation when you claim the misfortunes of the NYC area as a bad thing specifically for Obama, coupled with the unemployment rate ticking up ever-so-slightly (but failing to mention the positive jobs numbers).

What in the bloody fucking hell does that have to do with Obama? Only a true believer (in other words someone who's vote was made up ages ago) looks at that situation and thinks to blame the president. In other words, it has zero material impact on the election.

People like you are a large part of the reason why I can't identify with the Republican party. There's just way too much stupid allowed to percolate over there.

Unemployment didn't go down.

People take this guy seriously when it comes to politics?

These points are fucktarded at best. What a clown.

What in the bloody fucking hell does that have to do with Obama? Only a true believer (in other words someone who's vote was made up ages ago) looks at that situation and thinks to blame the president. In other words, it has zero material impact on the election.

People like you are a large part of the reason why I can't identify with the Republican party. There's just way too much stupid allowed to percolate over there.

Its just not a happy news day, you don't vote Republican because of shit people say on message boards?

10:1 then?

18:1. I'd take less favorable odds if we were simply talking win/loss. But this is a very specific prediction. Also, I would reserve the right to cancel in the event of major unforeseen circumstances (terrorist attack, sex scandal, et al).

18:1. I'd take less favorable odds if we were simply talking win/loss. But this is a very specific prediction. Also, I would reserve the right to cancel in the event of major unforeseen circumstances (terrorist attack, sex scandal, et al).

15:1?

And my max payout will be $150; but feel free to name any stake up to $10 if you accept the 15:1 odds. And yes; those specific numbers must be hit. Hell, if you win I might throw in $100 out of sheer amazement.

15:1?

And my max payout will be $150; but feel free to name any stake up to $10 if you accept the 15:1 odds. And yes; those specific numbers must be hit. Hell, if you win I might throw in $100 out of sheer amazement.

Why the hell not. It's a waste of $10, but so is buying the occasional lottery ticket when the jackpot gets really large. I still want the option to back out in the event of major unforeseen circumstances. And no, I won't be a dick and use some run of the mill campaign gaffe to back out.

That's fine. I hope nothing huge hits over the weekend; but that is a fair caveat.

Popular Vote:
Obama 49.8%
Romney 48.1%
Other (3rd Party) 2.1%

Electoral College:
Obama: 304 (gets 1 elector from Nebraska, all 4 from maine). He gets Ohio, Colorado, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, and New Hampshire
Romney: 234. He gets Florida and North Carolina.

Back