• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's time to forgive and move on says Dan

That's kinda like a jason27 post on the scout board. As soon as he decided that his apolgizing for Bzzzz was pointless, he DEMANDED that all discussion stop!!!!!!

never forget. never. If if Wellman hires Shaka Damn SMart, I'll never forget what he did to Wake Basketball.

Dan's quote: "And has Wellman come clean by publicity acknowledging his mistake? Well I gave him a chance to yesterday and in that setting at that time, he pretty much declined. He's a proud man, and he's also hurting after accepting the resignation of a man for whom he has great respect and admiration."

Dan since you admit you peruse the internet, I hope you see this..."The true measure of a man is to admit the mistake when he is wrong".....eh' Ron

I think it's patently obvious that "Country" Dan spends quite a bit of time over here.

I'm going to post this one more time, just for fun since I know it won't change anyone's mind on this... Buzz was not Ron's "friend", Ron did not give him the job because they were "buddies", this was not a crony hire. It was a terrible hire and people latched on to their shared time at N'western to try and find a reason for a hire that had no logical basis.

And, by definition, every coach firing is an admission of a mistake by the AD that hired them. I have never heard an AD apologize for that mistake. They are never going to say "yea, I really messed that one up - I never should have hired this clown". They just say it is time to go in a different direction....

This is spot on.

I agree with my friend Dan. Things would be better if we all just took a step back and looked each other in the eye and forgave each other, you know? A fresh start. A new chance to live and love. I'd give Ron Wellman a hug if I could. Namaste, brother.

Meh, I'm done thinking about the utter disaster that was Wake basketball the last 4 years. Get a great coach and let's move on.

I do think its time to turn the page. You don't have to like Ron Wellman, but I would like to see a united fan base again. Hopefully we get hire that everyone can rally behind. We need new energy.

Yeah, to an extent Dan doesn't want to lose access, I'd expect something like this after how he pissed Ron off yesterday. And like most of y'all, it's not the 1 failure that bothers me. It's the dismissive arrogance, the treating the fan base like shite, the excuse making, the blame deflecting and the outrageous outright lying that made us so angry. And based on what he had to say in the presser yesterday, it doesn't sound like he's learned from the mistake and that he's still in arrogant denial.

As an alumnus and fan, I really felt he was saying we're all irrelevant. That's really the underlying current I got from his comments yesterday. What's ironic is that Blake Absher sent out an email about alumni donations with the title "Alumni Participation Matters."

Uh, Blake? Let Ron and Hatch know.

That's exactly what he was saying. Look no further to his own player (Thomas) actually using the word "irrelevant" in last week's WSJ. The fish is still rotten at the head. My hope is that someone has come to their senses at WFU and is putting a short leash on Wellman. That's probably a foolish hope but it's all we got.

I do think its time to turn the page. You don't have to like Ron Wellman, but I would like to see a united fan base again. Hopefully we get hire that everyone can rally behind. We need new energy.

Much like all of Wellman's other troubles, this one is entirely in his control, not the fans'

Fuck this noise. I'm not going to forgive or forget until we return to relevance. You don't get to wreck the car, turn over the keys to a mechanic, say 'oooopppppssss', and walk away. When the car is road-worthy again, then we'll talk.

Often in our community, when two members have a conflict, we all convene together in a safe environment where our tribe can create a collaborative process so that each participant can tell his or her story honestly. We take turns expressing our feelings, while the others listen, hear, and reflect back on what they hear. The key is that members own their own part in the dispute and apologize as appropriate. The others must hear that ownership and forgive, and everyone must feel they have been forgiven. Only then may an appropriate healing process follow.

Perhaps if we could all just sit down with Ronald, I for one would attend with a prepared heart and a posture of involvement. Ronald, we're ready to hear you. Talk to us.

I don't agree with the bill board, rolling of the quad for resignation, or a lot of other banter that occurs on this board.

I do want to say thanks for taking down the bill board today and it would be great if u all would put something positive up there and show this group is moving forward in a positive manner.

Are you going to shell out some cash?

I like Dan but as he says he is not a Wake fan, so go light on how we should feel. This reminds me of the time my sister wrecked my 67 Mustang. It is going to take a few more decades to forget about it.

Back