• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

J-Rich impregnated Steve Nash's wife

I guess posting up trumped the give and go, at least this time.

She looks like a hot Tracy Wolfson.

Kind of sucks for J-Rich. Unless he still did sleep with Nash's wife.

Don't some mixed babies not really show color until later on? Am I making that up?

Don't some mixed babies not really show color until later on? Am I making that up?

I'm not going to say definitively, because I don't know, but my nephew is mixed and hasn't had his skin color change since he was a baby. Same now as it was nearly 11 years ago.

Nope.

Pigmentation appearance alters with sun, etc., for everyone, including biracial folks, but biracial doesn't initially appear to be caucasian and then change to biracial.

Well we all know the lesson here. Ladies, if you're going to cheat on your husband, make sure you cheat with a man of the same race as your husband.

I don't know, it's probably nice to get it out of the way.

I know a girl who got knocked up in college and there was a "99% chance" the baby was her on-again off-again boyfriend's. So he married her.

White couple, white baby, looked like her at first so no problem.

But once the kid hit about 2-3 years old it started becoming more and more obvious that the guy wasn't the father, because the kid looks exactly like his real dad now and they basically have zero features in common.

What's great is knowing the back story, and being there when people meet the kid for the first time and say things like, "Oh my! He's adorable! He's so much more handsome than his daddy, ha ha ha!" Or even better - "How on earth did you make a kid that cute!? (to the dad).

It's like a band-aid. The kid coming out black is like yanking it off quick. The slow, painful reveal has got to be worse. By the way, they are miserable, as you might expect.

You really can't tell a biracial child for sure by skin color. I've known people who you wouldn't know the race of their parents by looking at them. I have friends, she's white/Native American and close to an olive complexion and he's Haitian, who have two kids who by skin color look straight up white. The little girl actually has blonde hair. Yet they both look a lot like the father in the face and overall.

As far as the surprise, there was a great story on This American Life awhile back about an Italian family who convinced other people and themselves that the oldest child just had traits of the family from the darker skinned areas of Italy. The story was about the guy coming to terms with the truth that mom got knocked up by a guy on the basketball team that she was seeing at the same time as the guy she ended up marrying.

The biracial guy talked about bringing friends over to his house who freaked out when they met his sister, "What's that white girl doing in your house?"

So I'm listening to this story and I'm really curious what this guy looks like and how they all could have convinced themselves. I found the picture afterwards (can't find it now) and it was hilarious. No way anybody would think this dude was white unless they were kidding themselves.

I've seen that response before. Another related response that is fun to watch is the look on folk's faces when, as the basketball game announcer is naming the starters, the shooting guard who runs out clearly is white, the point guard whe runs out clearly is biracial, and everyone in the gym for the other team suddenly realizes that the two of them are sisters because they have the same very unusual last name. It was a hoot.

Nope.

Pigmentation appearance alters with sun, etc., for everyone, including biracial folks, but biracial doesn't initially appear to be caucasian and then change to biracial.

Don't know what I was thinking. I must've gotten myself mixed up with this type of info that PhDeac enlightened us with.

You really can't tell a biracial child for sure by skin color. I've known people who you wouldn't know the race of their parents by looking at them. I have friends, she's white/Native American and close to an olive complexion and he's Haitian, who have two kids who by skin color look straight up white. The little girl actually has blonde hair. Yet they both look a lot like the father in the face and overall.

tintin, you're probably just thinking about picking up a good tan. My sun is biracial and he was much lighter a year ago than now. Much of that stems from playing outside a good 2 hours or so a day in the Florida sun.

I know a lot of mixed-race couples and skin tone of the children can be anywhere on the spectrum from lighter parent to darker parent, some even look lighter than the lighter parent.
It's just a dice-roll of the genes.

Back