• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jack Johnson at Koka Booth Amphitheater in Cary - 5/21

Wake95

Reaction score
Anyone going? I have seen Jack multiple times, but this will be my first show at Koka Booth. How is it as a venue? Anything I should know about it before heading over to the show tomorrow night?

id suggest arriving early, if you wait until show time parking and getting in to the ampitheatre can be a pain

i like koka booth, there have been complaints about low volume given residential neighborhoods close by, but its a really chill venue and good sound

Anyone going? I have seen Jack multiple times, but this will be my first show at Koka Booth. How is it as a venue? Anything I should know about it before heading over to the show tomorrow night?

Somehow sound is better the farther back you are on the grounds. The sound up close is suspect. Very cool grounds.

id suggest arriving early, if you wait until show time parking and getting in to the ampitheatre can be a pain

i like koka booth, there have been complaints about low volume given residential neighborhoods close by, but its a really chill venue and good sound

Never been there, but I have heard the complaints about volume from many people. Should be a perfect venue for Jack Johnson.

Great venue! Horrible problems with their sound system. Actually I shouldn't say that the problem is the sound system, it's actually the agreement that the venue has with the surrounding community. The volume has to stay at a certain lower decibel level which leaves plenty to be desired.

Is he playing with Amos Lee? I have tix to see both next month, though I got them to see Amos.

He played with ALO last night and it was packed. Koka holds 7000 supposedly and I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't more than that there. It was a great show.

I saw Furthur there 3 years ago and thought the sound was fine.

The location is great. You basically walk out of a forest into an amphitheater that has a lake on the other side.

Looks like fun:

rs_450x254-130930115700-dancingguy-revival.gif

cbSbfyc.gif

5c9ad6950e697fcda627a5cf6153fcb4.gif

white-people.gif

Back